Thread: Nicaragua-have you been there on a MC?

Nicaragua-have you been there on a MC?

There's a Dutch guy living down there & running tours & MC rentals-if you have some travel experience there, fill me/us in. I have the general notion of the place but I've never been there.
    "If I had my life to live over, I'd dare to make more mistakes next time...I'd relax,I'd limber up... I would take fewer things seriously...take more chances... take more trips...climb more mountains...swim more rivers...eat more ice cream." Jorge Luis Borges at age 85.

I'm giving this a bump.

This February: I'm currently looking at a ride from home with a small, experienced group into Mexico & then I'll split & ride on south to GT & Nica,etc..
    I'm also considering a fly & rent to Nicaragua for 2 weeks or so. It's safe,cheap,scenic & interesting & also cheap place for MC rent,lodging,food & air tics.
    A ride buddy would definitely make for a more fun ride but I'll be gone either way.
    FWIW, I'm an experienced,senior, solo rider and in Mexico too for many miles.
    PM me if you have questions and/or interested.
    "If I had my life to live over, I'd dare to make more mistakes next time...I'd relax,I'd limber up... I would take fewer things seriously...take more chances... take more trips...climb more mountains...swim more rivers...eat more ice cream." Jorge Luis Borges at age 85.

http://nicamotoadv.com/

This group is owned by an MOAer and there maybe others as investors.

Advrider link http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...ht=nicamotoadv
    If one cannot command attention by one's admirable qualities one can at least be a nuisance

There are two MC rental/tour agencies in Nica. & I've talked to them both-the one you mention above is the older, the other a newer start-up owned by a German guy & is located in Leon,Nica. He also has a Spanish school at his location & married to a Mexican girl. Managua,Nica is the 1st place's location. Nica is a cheap, safe, scenic,historical country to ride in with plenty to entertain anyone!

Just along for the ride JeffMunn's Avatar

B&B in Managua

I just was in contact with Salcar, the guy who runs the NicaMoto link above. If you go to his webpage at this link: Nica Moto Adventures It shows that he offers free lodging to riders transiting CA. Looks like a very nice B&B. Otherwise it is $37 per person per night for a room, private bath, Wireless, and breakfast. Sounds like a sweet deal, other than the fact that it is in Managua.

jeff

As I speak I'm waiting for the assurance of a MC to rent from the owner, Jurgen in Leon. His willingness to lower a MC for me makes the difference for me (between the two agencies) & ending up with a good ride. Leon is a destination choice of most riders Nicaragua, so not a deal killer to bus there from the airport. Salcars "open door welcome" for those passing by on their own bike is a nice gesture.
    The 200cc Yamaha's that both rent are stock seat 39.3 , a bit more than my 28.5 inseam. The 650's cost 3 times as much to rent and are even taller.