Thread: Booster plug

Booster plug

I have a 2010 F800ST with an on/off throttle problem. Would a Booster Plug solve the issue?
    Dave

Booster Plug

The Booster Plug solved my throttle jumpiness, now it is so smooth. Also got rid of the F650 Surging issues on my Single spark FI

Not to sound dumb, but what is a booster plug? When you state that it smoothed out the throttle, do you mean at hwy speeds or off road? I find on my F700, when riding in gravel in first or second gear, that the throttle tends to surge with very little pressure. Not sure how to smooth out the bike taking off in spurts.....

WNY, Further fron NYC, than 6 entire states!
    A "booster plug" is a spoofer, it goes in the circuit for the intake air temp sensor and sends the FI ECU a false reading, making it believe that it is colder than it actually is. This causes the Fi to richen the mixture, thus eliminating the lean associated symptoms.

Made a noticeable difference in my '10 F800gs. Rather than the "booster" I am using this http://www.wukaking.com/home.html same thing at 1/2 the price.
    2010 F800GS Full Ohlins package, '04 R1100S Replika
    '01 F650GS Wife's bike
    Maritime Alps and Vosges 2012
    Tuscany and Central Italy 2010

There is an option that will add fuel more effectively than IAT modification, I'm sorry that I haven't had time to write about it here but this thread is a good starting point. Just recently, several have been installed on f800s. Here is the mid-point of the thread: AF-XIED for BMW on F800. The start of the thread gives some background and starting at post 49 you can see some results.

Full disclosure: it's a product I helped get to market earlier this year. It's been installed on over a hundred bikes including: R1100, R1150, R1200, F800, K1200s from mid-90s Motronic through late 2000s BMSK.
    RB

I installed a Booster Plug on my wife's 650 twin and it really cleaned up the off idle issues and made low end throttle response smoother. I also have one on my 1200GS and got the same results. My favorite part of the BP is it's just a plug and play unit, no adjustments or other equipment needed.

BTW, I'm not associated with BP in any way, just a satisfied customer.
    Paul Mulhern
    MOA# 56330
    '05 1200GS Big Blue

You can effectively add fuel by lambda shifting one of two ways: a Wideband O2 like the Innovate lc-1 or with a narrowband add-on like the AF-XIED.

Lambda shifting is so effective that a couple of the top IAT-shifter makers (who also happen to ride F800s) have added an lc-1 or AF-XIED to their own bikes. Here is a link to one who installed an lc-1: http://guzzitech.dk/category/bmwf800s/.
    Last edited by roger 04 rt; 12-18-2013 at 05:51 PM.