Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Winter

Certifiable Old Fart beemerdons's Avatar
    We AZ Beemers feel your pain, only got up to 65F for the ride out to Sheep's Bridge Crossing on the Verde River here in Central Arizona; actually had to put the liner in my jacket, even wore the heavy gloves too!

Don Stanley; aka Chuy Medina "El Burrito Ballerina"
    BMWMOA #24810; www.azbeemers.org/forum #89

Gee, average temp of 104 in July, sounds great!

I'll spend winter skiing, snowmobiling and ice fishing, but enjoy and God Bless.

Below is copied from Sperlings -

Climate in Chandler, Arizona

Climate Chandler, AZ United States
    Rainfall (in.) 6.8 36.5
    Snowfall (in.) 0 25
    Precipitation Days 26 100
    Sunny Days 297 205
    Avg. July High 104 86.5
    Avg. Jan. Low 33.8 20.5
    Comfort Index (higher=better) 45 44
    UV Index 6.4 4.3
    Elevation ft. 1,205 1,443

Chandler, AZ, gets 7 inches of rain per year. The US average is 37. Snowfall is 0 inches. The average US city gets 25 inches of snow per year. The number of days with any measurable precipitation is 26.

On average, there are 297 sunny days per year in Chandler, AZ. The July high is around 104 degrees. The January low is 34. Our comfort index, which is based on humidity during the hot months, is a 45 out of 100, where higher is more comfortable.
    Last edited by Firenailer; 01-27-2014 at 06:50 PM.
    Ride Safe,
    Bob
    '12 R1200RT

Quote Originally Posted by beemerdons View Post
    We AZ Beemers feel your pain, only got up to 65F for the ride out to Sheep's Bridge Crossing on the Verde River here in Central Arizona; actually had to put the liner in my jacket, even wore the heavy gloves too!

Here going to fifteen below tonight !.......you guyz are just mean !....mean,mean....shame , shame.

Just teasin'...enjoy your good fortune of good weather.
    Ron Prior {AMA member 30+ years,MOA member 20+years}
    Milford,Oh
    2002 KLT
    2004 Roadster

Certifiable Old Fart beemerdons's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 71243 View Post
    Here going to fifteen below tonight !.......you guyz are just mean !....mean,mean....shame , shame.

Just teasin'...enjoy your good fortune of good weather.
    Brother Ron I spent six years in the US Army as an Artilleryman, after two years of Winter maneuvers in Germany at Grafenwohr dragging a 105mm towed Howitzer through the miserable freezing cold snow/ice and I swore that once I got back to my native Sonoran Desert I would never live anywhere else. I escape the heat in Summer by riding up to Colorado, in New Zealand or over in Europe!

Don Stanley; aka Chuy Medina "El Burrito Ballerina"
    BMWMOA #24810; www.azbeemers.org/forum #89

I'll play these, thanks
    Going for record tonight maybe.
    All the snow this year so far has been powder, very different for these parts.

Smile

17 below this morning in Wisconsin, with a wind chill of -45.

Yesterday, almost as brutal - I was waiting at the door for my postal carrier, with a hot chocolate. She was most grateful. Respect them enduring that kind of a day.
    Kevin Greenwald - Touring Tips Editor
    Nationally Certified Law Enforcement Motor Officer (Ret.) / IBA Member #34281
    MSF RiderCoach # 121656 (BRC,SBRC,IS,IME,SMARTrainer)
    Motorcycle/Driving Instructor - ROAD AMERICA Race Track

Raspberry waffles Bob!!! kewlmoose's Avatar
    -15 f, wind chill - 35 f, glad the bus showed up on time.
    82 R65LS - gone but not forgotten
    02 R1150RT
    "Oh good, my dog found the chainsaw"
    "I finally got my head together, now my body is falling apart."

Propane supplies are being depleted in the upper Great Plains. Gas pipeline blew up in Manitoba. Just heard a climate expert predict a February colder than ever, and this cold snap is rivaling '76 and '17 of the previous century.

In passing he mentioned it has nothing to do with carbon dioxide and other stuff that cannot be mentioned or it will be political, go figure. Batten down the hatches, hope there's enough natural gas to last the winter. In the middle of making a big pot of borscht for the next three days. I'm getting a little concerned, if you know what I mean.

Good news, just got another cool riding jacket.

Man, they lied.
    That was -13 not -20.
    Sheesh
    We did -18 already and it didn't make headlines.
    Everything is relative.
    It is what it is.
    Embrace Winter or it will beat you every year.
    I think its beautiful

I meant I was concerned about the borscht, every time it's made it tastes different. Stir in a little sour cream, grab a piece of buttered bread and pass out after supper.

Quote Originally Posted by 8ninety8 View Post
    Propane supplies are being depleted in the upper Great Plains.
    I keep the garage heated to 40* with propane, last delivery was $2.91 9/10ths. Yesterday's delivery was $3.41 9/10ths. Pretty good jump in about 26 days. Our (municipal) electric rates aren't too bad, if propane keeps going up I will be abel to heat with the electric for the same or less. At least I have a choice.
    OM
    "Well they say.. time loves a hero but only time will tell.. If he's real, he's a legend from heaven If he ain't he was sent here from hell" Lowell George
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200
    Part of the Forum Threadside Assistance Program

iscream-stop
    I am feeling pretty down with the weather. I registered for the Moonshine Lunch Run yesterday and it really made me depressed. Today I had to go spend some quality time in the garage making sure she was warm dry and the wipe some dust off and circulate some lube. I came in smelling of exhaust so I feel a little better but weather forecast is not looking good. It was 26 today and I just kept thinking, "I could go for a short ride" but the ice and snow is still everywhere and very wide spread so it would not be the smartest.
    I think I need to start going to a support group of people who understand my problems, I have been trying to talk to some but just keep getting weird looks like I am off my rocker or something. At least I get to go to the IMS show next weekend in Chicago.

Hope no one was out in the snow and ice down south. The news was shocking with people simply parking where they were stuck, and walking away.

After seeing the posts of our comrades from AZ, TX and other places warm, we will have to urge our moderators to keep them from teasing us midwesterners.

New rule------One must have their bike in the corner of their garage with snow shovels resting against it, have shoveled their drive so many times there is no where to put more snow, have read every issue of their favorite motorcycle magazine 5 times, maxed out their Netflix subscription and have unfriended everyone they know in AZ and Florida on Facebook to post on this forum until spring
    Nardowell
    Hoa Binh (Peace)
    Vietnam '69 and '70
    2012 R1200R classic

The Chicago show this weekend should be a nice break from Mother nature.

Looking forward to sitting on some bikes and visualizing sunny sky's and warmer days.