Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: Winter

Certifiable Old Fart beemerdons's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nardowell View Post
    After seeing the posts of our comrades from AZ, TX and other places warm, we will have to urge our moderators to keep them from teasing us midwesterners.

New rule------One must have their bike in the corner of their garage with snow shovels resting against it, have shoveled their drive so many times there is no where to put more snow, have read every issue of their favorite motorcycle magazine 5 times, maxed out their Netflix subscription and have unfriended everyone they know in AZ and Florida on Facebook to post on this forum until spring
    For my fellow USA Veteran nardowell:

Don Stanley; aka Chuy Medina "El Burrito Ballerina"
    BMWMOA #24810; www.azbeemers.org/forum #89

Beemerdons:

Have mercy. Someone has to stay back here in the midwest and do whatever we do.

The wind chill has been below zero several days here in Illinois.
    I have forgotten what a motorcycle is for.
    The snow shoes and cross-country skis have gotten a workout.

Be careful of sunburns down there.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Nardowell
    Hoa Binh (Peace)
    Vietnam '69 and '70
    2012 R1200R classic

ABC,AMA(LIFE),MOA,RA,IBMW MANICMECHANIC's Avatar
    A week or two ago I was at the shop and we were outside helping to load a repaired snowmobile on a trailer. No coats or hats or gloves, and I observed that 10 degrees above zero almost felt comfy.
    F.O.G.Rider, Rounder #6,
    Ambassador, Biergarten co-chair
    BMWRA Wisconsin Region Rep, camping chair

Go groundhog go

Our groundhog predicted an early spring and environment Canada predicted a longer, colder winter......Looking at last predictions, our beloved groundhog has a good chance. Ha ha ha .........
    GO GROUNDHOG GO.

Quote Originally Posted by i-scream-stop View Post
    I am feeling pretty down with the weather. I registered for the Moonshine Lunch Run yesterday and it really made me depressed. Today I had to go spend some quality time in the garage making sure she was warm dry and the wipe some dust off and circulate some lube. I came in smelling of exhaust so I feel a little better but weather forecast is not looking good. It was 26 today and I just kept thinking, "I could go for a short ride" but the ice and snow is still everywhere and very wide spread so it would not be the smartest.
    I think I need to start going to a support group of people who understand my problems, I have been trying to talk to some but just keep getting weird looks like I am off my rocker or something. At least I get to go to the IMS show next weekend in Chicago.
    Suggestion- leave the "lube" sitting in the sump, where it belongs. you're giving your bike NO benefit whatsoever to start it up during it's winter slumbers. Oil does NOT need to be circulated for the health of the bike, and unless you run the bike to the point of your fan going on, you're actually doing more harm than good by dumping water (condensation is a byproduct of the combustion process) into the exhaust.

Like Nancy said those many moons ago.... Just Say No.
    Ride Safe, Ride Lots

Certifiable Old Fart beemerdons's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nardowell View Post
    Beemerdons:

Have mercy. Someone has to stay back here in the midwest and do whatever we do.

The wind chill has been below zero several days here in Illinois.
    I have forgotten what a motorcycle is for.
    The snow shoes and cross-country skis have gotten a workout.

Be careful of sunburns down there.
    Brother Nardowell, it is not all Margaritas and Nachos here in Zonieland; brutal weather here in Arizona also, last Sunday my Miss Donna and Papa Chuy had to leave our liners in our jackets!

Left to Right: Three former and current AZ Beemers Club Presidents, Brian Boles, Jo Smee, my Girlfriend Donna and Papa Chuy Viejo. Jo is our current Prez, Brian was before Jo and I was MOA Club #89 President prior to that; we all love our AZ Beemer Club!

Miss Donna and Don Stanley on "Gisele", our 2012 BMW K1600GT!

Don Stanley; aka Chuy Medina "El Burrito Ballerina"
    BMWMOA #24810; www.azbeemers.org/forum #89

Just rode in from an early morning ride in St. Louie. Tried to miss the incoming snow, so started at 6:30 in the morning only to be caught in a 30 minute cold rain ride. Watching the temp. gauge on my F700GS, temps were bouncing from 31F to 35F, with a few pucker moments on spurts of road with the 31F reading, as ice was starting to form.... When I arrived at the garage, my wife just shook her head as she continued to shovel snow off the driveway..... I had a ball though, and just the right activity to chase away the blues.....

was able to get a quick 17 mile ride in today, man did it feel good!!! Ear to ear smile!!
    95 R100Rt, 07 650 GS
    Mike
    Eagle, wi
    "He's gone and nothin gone bring him back"

Rode to work this morning,27 degrees felt warm.50 coming home felt even better!
    Ed Baker