Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Riding comfort

It's a funky bracelet.

Quote Originally Posted by 71243 View Post
    What isQ-Ray ?
    You wear it on your wrist. Supposedly, the two magnets are supposed to align with the meridian of your body's magnetic field on your wrist and bring your magnetic field back in align.

Mine was a gift and it's rather nice looking.

I can say, if I forget to wear it, I perceive my hands and shoulder are in worse shape. That may be a mind/matter thing going on with no actual real value. Whatever it is, I wear it and I feel better.

You gotta give marketing hype credit for making some people believe in the dumbest crap you ever saw, like the "slap-chop".
    1997 R1100RT (Restored Basket Case) , 1981 KZ 440 LTD (Restored Basket Case)
    1986 K75S(the beutch), 1993 K1100RS (blown engine), 1997 Chev Short Box (4x4 with an LT1)
    "You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him."

Quote Originally Posted by dieselyoda View Post
    You wear it on your wrist. Supposedly, the two magnets are supposed to align with the meridian of your body's magnetic field on your wrist and bring your magnetic field back in align.

Mine was a gift and it's rather nice looking.

I can say, if I forget to wear it, I perceive my hands and shoulder are in worse shape. That may be a mind/matter thing going on with no actual real value. Whatever it is, I wear it and I feel better.

You gotta give marketing hype credit for making some people believe in the dumbest crap you ever saw, like the "slap-chop".

Doing my Arthritis research I did come across magnetic therapy , I just can't get my mind around the fact that a magnet affects soft tissue, bone etc....inside the body? I don't just dismiss anything I don't understand, or have direct knowledge of,.. but I do question....

BTW ya got me again...what is 'slap-chop' ?

Doing my Arthritis research I did come across magnetic therapy , I just can't get my mind around the fact that a magnet affects soft tissue, bone etc....inside the body??
    OK......the simple version.........Our bodies are composed of atoms. Those atoms are positively or negatively charged. The atmosphere, the air around us, is composed of atoms which are also positively and negatively charged.............

Sooooo........let's say out of the Arctic comes a mass of air, that mass has been bombarded with all kinds of ionic types of atoms, electrons, neutrons, quarks, and on and on........SO.......That mass becomes positively charged due to the particular type of "particles" that the sun has sent our way........
    YOU are sitting here reading this with the atmosphere having settled with a let's say positive charge. Your body and all around have adapted to this charge.......NOW.........Here comes that weather out of the Arctic...........What happens when simple magnets are fooled with. We have all done that......Imagine what your body goes through as it adapts itself to this current bunch of electrons, neutrons, protons, etc bombarding it with the "weather front" from the arctic coming through.........

That is about as simple as this ol' guy with arthritis can make it. Yes, one can easily predict, snow, rain, tornados, fog, etc. by what is hurting, how it's hurting,aching, tingling, and the type of pain level in various parts of the body.

Now the bracelets and paraphanalia. YES they work and no they don't. A cure-all? NO.........But a copper bracelet that I got in Viet Nam from a "Yard" elder at a friendship ceremony, yes, that works to help with my shoulder, wrists, and fingers............A story bracelet that I "earned" from an old Navajo fella at Chinle, Az does help with my hips and my "spirits" in general........

Like I said in an earlier post on this subject, a lot of this is IN ONE'S HEAD...........But actually, what isn't........The "spirits", God, electrons, or just faith can and really do create miracles............God bless........Dennis

C'mon, the "slap-chop'? Really, it's fantastic, I'm a dealer!!

BTW ya got me again...what is 'slap-chop' ?
    It's a gizmo that you put your onions, tomatoes, peppers or whatever on the counter. You place the 'slap-chop' over top and two "slaps" later, you have perfectly and evenly cut salsa.

You can only use them once because they really need about fifty chops at which time you have half your onion is stuck in the gizmo and the other half is mush, then it's broken.

Because you broke it by using it excessively the wrong way, no warranty. Hence, you have to buy another one to see if it really does do what the TV says it can do.

I can make you a deal, if you buy a case of them from me, I will sell them to you for $19.95 plus taxes, shipping and handling*. That's a savings of over $20.00 per "slap-chop" sold individually plus taxes, shipping and handling*.

*Taxes, shipping and handling costs may vary.

I prefer you send me your credit card number and I will bill you appropriately. I promise.

Not to get off track, it could be a Q-Ray, copper bracelet, a folk charm or green coffee bean extract, if it works for you, take it and run because if you think about it too hard, you might just realize that your body is way older than your brain wants you to be.

I got a deal going on the "Baconater", perfect bacon every time...................*

1986 K75S(the beutch), 1993 K1100RS (blown engine), 1997 Chev Short Box (4x4 with an LT1)
    "You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him."

Quote Originally Posted by dieselyoda View Post
    It's a gizmo that you put your onions, tomatoes, peppers or whatever on the counter. You place the 'slap-chop' over top and two "slaps" later, you have perfectly and evenly cut salsa.

You can only use them once because they really need about fifty chops at which time you have half your onion is stuck in the gizmo and the other half is mush, then it's broken.

Because you broke it by using it excessively the wrong way, no warranty. Hence, you have to buy another one to see if it really does do what the TV says it can do.

I can make you a deal, if you buy a case of them from me, I will sell them to you for $19.95 plus taxes, shipping and handling*. That's a savings of over $20.00 per "slap-chop" sold individually plus taxes, shipping and handling*.

I prefer you send me your credit card number and I will bill you appropriately. I promise.

Not to get off track, it could be a Q-Ray, copper bracelet, a folk charm or green coffee bean extract, if it works for you, take it and run because if you think about it too hard, you might just realize that your body is way older than your brain wants you to be.

I got a deal going on the "Baconater", perfect bacon every time...................*

...Oh crap...I was thinking medical only

You'll love my nuts.

...Oh crap...I was thinking medical only
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTmC7UQj7_M

On this subject...how many here take Lipitor for cholesterol control ? I have heard some horror stories about that stuff, and am wondering if perhaps it is adding to / creating, my pain as much or more than arthritis itself.

forgive my nagging on this, But it is almost impossible to talk to anyone about it, unless they have experienced it. And [unfortunately] many of you here appear to have the experience.

Crestor here. After a couple of years on it, went off of it for 3 months last summer to check out what side effects I would quit having. The only difference that happened was that my cholestorol skyrocketed. I began taking it again and 3 months later am back down to where the doc gives me a high five.........God bless........Dennis

No longer a member here
    On this subject...how many here take Lipitor for cholesterol control ? I have heard some horror stories about that stuff, and am wondering if perhaps it is adding to / creating, my pain as much or more than arthritis itself.

When I first considered my pain to be discomforting, I thought it could be a result of my cholesterol medicine. It was Lipitor at the time. I talked to my Doctor and he ruled it out, but changed to Zestor anyway. If there is a chance that your muskoskeletal pain is from cholesterol medicine, there is no time to waste and you should not do so discussing it on an internet forum, but talk to your doctor immediately!

Quote Originally Posted by EMSimon View Post
    When I first considered my pain to be discomforting, I thought it could be a result of my cholesterol medicine. It was Lipitor at the time. I talked to my Doctor and he ruled it out, but changed to Zestor anyway. If there is a chance that your muskoskeletal pain is from cholesterol medicine, there is no time to waste and you should not do so discussing it on an internet forum, but talk to your doctor immediately!

Yes i understand & have done that. I was off for two months...and I swear i felt better,told him so , but he is convinced Lip is the best & the only way to go...so I went back on Oct,1st...and now it feels worse than ever. This is why I seek other experience / opinion.

BTW my 'high' cholesterol count was 276, 12 years ago. Now down to 107. I guess I'm going to insist I try something else, see how i [feel] and do a blood panel to see how the cholesterol is doing?

No longer a member here
    Your total is 107 or your LDL is 107? Man, I would not take anything for 6 weeks and see how it goes!
    Your HDL is also important, btw and you should try to get it over 60!

I would also change my doctor! I think he is a "pill-pusher"

Guys, I encourage you to read either this book, or any of the others around on the "paleo" diet. It turns out that if we eat what our bodies evolved to eat instead of all the carbs and sugars and grains, we can manage our blood chemistry (and general health) quite easily. I have no connection or financial interest in any of this, but I have been doing it for over a year and my cholesterol is down, no more heartburn, and I feel better than I have felt in years. This is the book I read: http://www.amazon.com/Paleo-Solution...paleo+solution
    Eventual Master of the Obvious
    SE Mass - SOHC4 - DoD - BMWMOA - EMOTO #1
    ...proud walking jingle in the midnight sun...
    Free Smugmug Discount Coupon: mStnWv71mNkjo

Quote Originally Posted by EMSimon View Post
    Your total is 107 or your LDL is 107? Man, I would not take anything for 6 weeks and see how it goes!
    Your HDL is also important, btw and you should try to get it over 60!

I would also change my doctor! I think he is a "pill-pusher"

My total is 107

No longer a member here
    My total is 107
    You have no cholesterol problem!

Quote Originally Posted by Emoto View Post
    Guys, I encourage you to read either this book, or any of the others around on the "paleo" diet. It turns out that if we eat what our bodies evolved to eat instead of all the carbs and sugars and grains, we can manage our blood chemistry (and general health) quite easily. I have no connection or financial interest in any of this, but I have been doing it for over a year and my cholesterol is down, no more heartburn, and I feel better than I have felt in years. This is the book I read: http://www.amazon.com/Paleo-Solution...paleo+solution

I don't deny the science because i am really not qualified too. But I looked that diet up & it is [somewhat] unreasonable.

Other than the occasional Pizza, [& I mean occasional] I do not eat 'junk' food, haven't had fried food in 12 years, only red meat ? is Buffalo . Little to no processed food. I am lucky in that I love fish [grilled / baked / smoked / pan seared] never fired. And I love & eat all veggies. Very small amount of processed sugar,[I have a piece of Apple pie I'm going to eat later]...again small portion of my diet.

But to give up dairy [I drink 1%] and potatoes , and drink only water & green tea?....that's {IMO} the unreasonable part.