Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: '13-'14 winter project started

Honor the gurus who went ahead and showed the way. And then remember all the volunteers and others at MOA without whom, no forum. And then remember all the metal shapers who've pounded out everything from dustbins to fenders, and welders who's skills are absolutely remarkable.

Airheads are like medicine and you don't have to see a doctor. Our forum has it all from tear downs to polishing, to solving niggling little gremlins, to planning the next route, it's great to be an airhead. If I hadn't bought an R60 back in '81, life would have been a real bore, so thanx to BMW too.
    Last edited by 8ninety8; 12-20-2013 at 09:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 8ninety8 View Post
    Honor the guides, Oak, Parkhouse, Cutter, Snobum,Porter, Glaves, and a score of others that others can mention, who went ahead and showed the way. And then remember all the volunteers and others at MOA without whom, no forum. And then remember all the metal shapers who've pounded out everything from dustbins to fenders, and welders who's skills are absolutely remarkable.

Airheads are like medicine and you don't have to see a doctor. Our forum has it all from tear downs to polishing, to solving niggling little gremlins, to planning the next route, it's great to be an airhead. If I hadn't bought an R60 back in '81, life would have been a real bore, so thanx to BMW too.
    One of my chief likes of the BMW airheads was their propensity to be worked on my their owners. Unlike Honda, for example, even way back in the early 70's, which were extremely difficult to repair without a dealer. The owners of airheads were even encouraged to do their own repair work, and those you mentioned helped the average guy to be learned enough to do his own work.

I also appreciate people who bring their talents into play as well. What a great group of people to observe and learn from.
    "The difference between death and taxes is that death doesn't change every time congress meets." - Will Rogers

No longer a member here
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmylee View Post
    One of my chief likes of the BMW airheads was their propensity to be worked on my their owners. Unlike Honda, for example, even way back in the early 70's, which were extremely difficult to repair without a dealer. .
    Yes! Especially if you couldn't count up to six! You had a hard time changing spark plugs!

Major screw up today, pullin the plug on this project, see you down the road. Sigh.