Thread: 2012 R1200GSA _ Zega Pro Luggage and Ram Mount Cup Holder Opinions.

Question 2012 R1200GSA _ Zega Pro Luggage and Ram Mount Cup Holder Opinions.

Hello All. Semi new rider/new member here.
    Does anyone have any experience with the "RAM" Brake/Clutch Reservoir Mount with Self-Leveling Cup Holder" I am looking for a good solution to quenching my thirst on a long trip without stopping and a water bottle holder might be nice. But I am a little concerned about how it would fit on the R1200GSA. I have done a search online and here but can't seem to find any photos or insightful reviews. Any suggestions would be appreciated / considered.
    Also, now that winter is coming I hope to get hard cases on the bike before spring. I have some dry bags that have worked pretty well, but I think its time for panniers. Right now I believe it will be the Zega Pro Pannier System, but they ain't cheap so I wonder if anyone has had a bad experience with them.

Thanks for any insight you might have.

Dave G

Welcome to the forum Dave! I can't help with the accessories you mentioned but chances are someone that can will be along.
    Gary
    "Well they say.. time loves a hero but only time will tell.. If he's real, he's a legend from heaven If he ain't he was sent here from hell" Lowell George
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200
    Part of the Forum Threadside Assistance Program

I have something similar to the RAM cup holder that I use if I stop for coffee on the way to work and need to carry a full cup. First comment is that they work fairly well. Second is that I've tried it on handle bar RAM balls and windshield supports (09 1200GSA) mounted RAM balls. Both will end up blocking some part of the instrument cluster. So for a long ride I wouldn't use it. Specially if you are talking about using a squeeze type water bottle. In that case I'd mount a bicycle water bottle cage on the upper engine guard where I could grab it.
    Rusty
    Austin, TX
    Two Wheeled Texans
    2009 R1200GSA

Hey Guys. Thanks for the quick replies. I think you make a really good point Rusty. I will be looking into mounting a water bottle on the upper engine guard as that would be how it would mostly be used. And thanks for the welcome Gary. Nice to see a Lowell fan out there.

Be Well Ride On :-]

TravelsWithBarley.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Dgx1 View Post
    Hey Guys. Thanks for the quick replies. I think you make a really good point Rusty. I will be looking into mounting a water bottle on the upper engine guard as that would be how it would mostly be used. And thanks for the welcome Gary. Nice to see a Lowell fan out there.

Be Well Ride On :-]
    That's where I have mine mounted. I keep a water bottle there and in hot weather can easily squirt some water on Barley's neck so he gets some evaporative cooling.
    '07 R1200GS for solo rides
    '10 R1200GSA with Hannigan dual sport sidecar for rides with Barley

Camelbak

+1

much better idea IMHO

Quote Originally Posted by msamsen View Post
    Camelbak
    Somers, NY

Just enjoying the ride.......