Thread: Brake module replacement - 2007 R1200RT

Brake module replacement - 2007 R1200RT

I'm about to replace the abs module on a 2007 R 1200 RT......Has anyone completed this project? I was wondering about bleeding the system after installation, any help would be appreciated.
    Last edited by deilenberger; 11-05-2013 at 01:38 AM. Reason: added year/model to title

I had Module Masters rework a module from a '07 R12R. They shipped it full and ready to install. I bled the wheel circuits after the install and all was good to go.

The servo system prior to '07 takes a bit more effort...lucky for you
    Steve Henson
    SABMWRA MOA Club#62's Flat Fixer/ current forum moderator
    It's not the breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away-D.Dillon/G. Strait

JP - per: http://www.bmwmoa.org/forum/showthread.php?46055 - I'm adding that info to your thread title. It's sorta vital info since the brakes are different for different years/models of the hexhead/camhead bikes. Please do so yourself in future posts to the forums.

If you look back - within the past week or so this topic was discussed at length - bleeding/flushing the brakes on the non-servo ABS brake systems. There is also a DIY in the tech subforum of this forum which might be useful to read.

Welcome to the forums!
    Don Eilenberger http://www.eilenberger.net
    Spring Lk Heights NJ NJ Shore BMW Riders New Sweden BMW Riders
    '07 R1200R (current ride) and some bimmers.. and a Porsche

Quote Originally Posted by henzilla View Post
    I had Module Masters rework a module from a '07 R12R. They shipped it full and ready to install. I bled the wheel circuits after the install and all was good to go.

The servo system prior to '07 takes a bit more effort...lucky for you
    Thanks for the help.....