Thread: Spin on oil filter

Spin on oil filter

I have a 92 RT. Found a Suburban Co. spinon oil filter sys. Anyone know where you would locate the spinon filter on the bike. Gotta have easy access or it is useless Thanks
    I have met the enemy, and he is us
    2011 R 1200 RT
    1992R100RT
    2007 Roadstar Midnight Silverado

High oil pressure

BMW motorcycles and cars run a higher then normal oil pressure in there engines be careful on what you try. I blew out 2 oil pressure guages from "Checker" on my BMW car.

Just do your research first.
    1974 R75/6 W Sidecar
    1989 R100GS

Kurt -- Forum Administrator ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

mymindsok
    You guys...!

If you want a spin-on oil filter, go to motoren Israel's site. The sell an "Oil pan Intermediate ring 25 mm With external filter", Part number 117005

That should fill the bill.

spin on oil filter

I have a suburban oil filter kit sitting in a box with directions. I believe that the filter part attaches to the cross member support for the fairing on the right side.
    If you want i can go and dig it up.
    tony

As noted in previous threads, and IIRC, the Suburban system did not have provision for an oil thermostat, so it would be a non starter for me, if I had an airhead.
    Rinty

"When you don't know where you're going, any road will get you there."

Yarddog
    A spin-on oil filter woulda been logical, effecient original equipment on airheads, instead of that monstrosity, poorly located and designed thing that can cook your engine if the slightest thing goes wrong! Yes, it's a little hard to get used to the idea of hoses in the oil line, but Harleys have been using them for years, with few problems, overall...one thing that doesn't happen with a Harley is getting a tiny shim or o-ring just a leeeeetle cockeyed and smokin' the engine!!!

Motoren-Israel spin-on oil filter mod

I've had my eye on the Motoren-Israel spin-on filter adapter kit for a while, as I hate the OEM oil filter system on my 1983 R100RS. Before I pop for the Motoren-Israel mod, I'd like to hear from someone who has actually bought and installed it. Any glitches? It seems to compromise ground clearance, but I don't take my RS off road, so that doesn't concern me too much. TIA

I had one on my 81 R100RT and it was under the right side fairing pocket. My self and two other friends used them with no problems. Use the recommended oil filters.

That would be the kit made by Suburban Machine.
    Anyone using the Motoren-Israel set-up?

Day Dreaming ... happy wanderer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RINTY View Post
    As noted in previous threads, and IIRC, the Suburban system did not have provision for an oil thermostat, so it would be a non starter for me, if I had an airhead.
    Where's the best place to mount an oil thermostat on an airhead Rinty? I'm dubious about those dipstick thermometers. Also, what unit did you use?
    MJM - BeeCeeBeemers Motorcycle Club Vancouver B.C.
    '81 R80G/S, '82 R100RS, '00 R1100RT