Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Skyline Drive: First Time a Victim of Anti-Motorcycle Bias

Quote Originally Posted by JDOCKERY132445 View Post
    Treat the good ones well and report the bad ones AFTER you have left the presence of the officer. Arguing with someone who has a badge and a gun is just stupid.
    + 1 on that and well said !

Quote Originally Posted by 13278 View Post
    Had he worked in the private sector, he would have been fired for making his company look like a bunch of fools.
    Charlie
    I have become endlessly tired of this crock of crap cliche. Hasn't anybody ever had to deal with security guards at a mall, a stadium, or an industrial plant? They are far worse than most any public sworn officer I have ever run into.
    Last edited by PGlaves; 11-11-2013 at 01:32 AM.
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://www.bigbend.net/users/glaves

I have been stopped so many times that I lost count years ago; but my attorney can tell you that he has been paid for 26 cases.
    Excuse me, I'm only 54, so I might be a bit of a novice, but how is it humanly possible to have 26 court appearances? I've been in a court room twice in my life, once for a friends naturalization ceremony and the other time was for my wedding.
    Cave contents: 99 R11RS, 2013 Toyota Tacoma, 03 Simplicity Legacy, 97 Stihl FS75, Dewalt DW625 & DW744

Exactly. You know what you all said - and who I'm talking to.... If it's you, we agree. If you don't think it's you - then don't read this far.
    Nom de Plume:
    Steve Aikens, Clovis, NM
    BMW MOA #6218
    IBA# 442

I have been stopped so many times that I lost count years ago; but my attorney can tell you that he has been paid for 26 cases.
    Wow!!! If for no other reason, you should be careful not to violate any traffic laws simply because you are too easy to catch.
    Kevin Huddy
    Intrepid Incompetent
    Tm Pterodactyl MT Outpost

I'm Canadian, my perspective.

I truly appreciate the effort and sacrifice police make. I've had my hassles, some fair and some not so fair. I've got friends that are cops and I see some of the stuff they have to do. I even think the rent-a-cops do their best with what they have and the orders they are given.

I chose a career where I didn't have to carry a gun or wear clothing to protect me from being shot at or stabbed. Regardless of the color of stripe on their pants, I always answer with respect and so far, have been treated with respect. If I don't like a ticket or something else, I let the courts decide what's right.
    1997 R1100RT (Restored Basket Case) , 1981 KZ 440 LTD (Restored Basket Case)
    1986 K75S(the beutch), 1993 K1100RS (blown engine), 1997 Chev Short Box (4x4 with an LT1)
    "Life isn't about how fast or how high, it's about how well you bounce."

Ponch
    I try to treat difficult members of the law enforcement community like difficult people everywhere. Don't provoke them. Don't challenge them. Engage them in a friendly way. If you are cited, call your attorney.
    That's all we can really do. I have found that blunt honesty can be the best policy and disarming, no pun intended. When I've been pulled over for speeding, (Not quite as much as Jerry), when the cop asks, do you know why I am pulling you over? I say yes, I was speeding. If he asks do I know how fast I was going, I will tell him to the MPH. Cops are used to people being weasels about it and when they are faced with honesty, often will give me a break. Not always, but a lot more often than not.
    My Motorrad
    BMWMOA 162849 | BMWRA 41335 | VROC 8109-R | VBA 19

There was a chance when.............

We could be living in Nazi Occupied North America.

I hope everybody stops and takes time on Monday to remember the fallen and the few that are still with is. I think the occasional grumpy cop is better than the Gestapo with a boot holding your head down.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    1997 R1100RT (Restored Basket Case) , 1981 KZ 440 LTD (Restored Basket Case)
    1986 K75S(the beutch), 1993 K1100RS (blown engine), 1997 Chev Short Box (4x4 with an LT1)
    "Life isn't about how fast or how high, it's about how well you bounce."

Ponch
    Quote Originally Posted by dieselyoda View Post

I hope everybody stops and takes time on Monday to remember the fallen and the few that are still with is. I think the occasional grumpy cop is better than the Gestapo with a boot holding your head down.
    Yes, but the trains would run on time and BMW would be the #1 brand in America.
    My Motorrad

Nick Kennedy
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbc6DcXhvlE

Chris Rock on how to handle a traffic stop.

Quote Originally Posted by 36654 View Post
    Excuse me, I'm only 54, so I might be a bit of a novice, but how is it humanly possible to have 26 court appearances? I've been in a court room twice in my life, once for a friends naturalization ceremony and the other time was for my wedding.
    I was kind of wondering about that too. I've gotten four speeding tickets in 41 years of driving/5 years of riding. The most recent was 1998.

Very good point.

As an aside from this side of the border, when did the VFW and American Legion quit using the poppy as a Veteran's Day symbol? I remember seeing the poppy in the late 60's and early 70's as a fund raising gift/reward, but then it disappeared.
    Cave contents: 99 R11RS, 2013 Toyota Tacoma, 03 Simplicity Legacy, 97 Stihl FS75, Dewalt DW625 & DW744

Quote Originally Posted by ponch1 View Post
    Yes, but the trains would run on time and BMW would be the #1 brand in America.
    Hitler preferred Adler.

Ponch
    Quote Originally Posted by 36654 View Post
    Hitler preferred Adler.
    He was a vegetarian too.
    My Motorrad

Smile

I truly appreciate the effort and sacrifice police make. I've had my hassles, some fair and some not so fair. I've got friends that are cops and I see some of the stuff they have to do. I even think the rent-a-cops do their best with what they have and the orders they are given.

I chose a career where I didn't have to carry a gun or wear clothing to protect me from being shot at or stabbed. Regardless of the color of stripe on their pants, I always answer with respect and so far, have been treated with respect. If I don't like a ticket or something else, I let the courts decide what's right.
    That kind of 'radical responsibility manifesto' has no place on this 'Bitch, Moan & Whine' Forum!
    Kevin Greenwald - Touring Tips Editor
    Nationally Certified Law Enforcement Motor Officer (Ret.)
    MSF RiderCoach # 121656 (BRC,SBRC,IS,IME,SMARTrainer,THE REF Staff)
    Iron Butt Association Member # 34281