Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Max BMW

May be the Harley dealer on 23. Supposedly, they're moving to a new facility.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by saddleman View Post
    Is Max BMW still owned by the Penske Automotive Group ?.
    Max's mom is a Penske (so I was told), and they are an investor in the business.
    MOA #107139
    RA #28511
    YB #2005

MAX (I hear) is going into South Windsor at the north end of town on Rt 5 across from AirGas(the old ABCO) in what used to be a boat dealer. I'm excited as this is only about three miles from my home. I'll miss the good people in Brookfield CT, they've been great!
    2012 K1600GTL

That's correct. Max has announced the opening of his new store in South Windsor. Hoping to hear some confirmation news on where they'll be opening the New Jersey store. The Mahwah/Ramsey area would be a great middle ground between their Brookfield store and Cross Country BMW in Metuchen, NJ.

Quote Originally Posted by waynew View Post
    MAX (I hear) is going into South Windsor at the north end of town on Rt 5 across from AirGas(the old ABCO) in what used to be a boat dealer. I'm excited as this is only about three miles from my home. I'll miss the good people in Brookfield CT, they've been great!
    When?

Don't hold me to this, but, I think it was supposed to be open by the end of March. If not already. Someone will probably know better than me.

Coincidentally, MAX put up a post on Facebook about 8 hours ago indicating the South Windsor store would be opening "soon". No specific date mentioned.

The South Windsor store is open!
    MOA #107139
    RA #28511
    YB #2005

TCSales1

Max BMW South Windsor, CT

South Windsor opened on Friday, I stopped in on Saturday afternoon showroom looks great. Spoke with Max and they are starting the mechanics this week and continually adding parts and inventory, both new and used. Quite a few sold tags on bikes inside. A nice R1200GSW outside on display. Wish Max the best of luck, this is gong to be a home run!

Quote Originally Posted by kltk165 View Post
    That's correct. Max has announced the opening of his new store in South Windsor. Hoping to hear some confirmation news on where they'll be opening the New Jersey store. The Mahwah/Ramsey area would be a great middle ground between their Brookfield store and Cross Country BMW in Metuchen, NJ.
    I just drove by it and realized that the old Bergen Honda property of RT46 in Lodi is available. 13,000sq ft and a large parking lot. Probably two miles or less from the old BMW location (Bergen County H-D).

I know that location. I doubt they'll choose that spot as it would be impossible to have test rides there.

I know that location. I doubt they'll choose that spot as it would be impossible to have test rides there.

Why impossible? I've taken test rides from dealerships on IMO, very dangerous spots.
    The one negative, is I think, is they can't be open on Sundays in Bergen County.

Max isn't open on Sunday's. It's too congested an area to accommodate a decent test ride.

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk

Motorcycle Mall

I stopped by Motorcycle Mall last week and they insist they are getting the BMW franchise. FWIW.

I loathe doing business with them so I hope it's all malarkey.

Max isn't open on Sunday's. It's too congested an area to accommodate a decent test ride.

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk
    Baloney. The previous dealer did alright for 50 or more years there. Just don't go during any rush hours and you can open it up all you want on RT80, even 60 MPH or more on RT46.... Don't blame me if you get a performance award though....