Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Did you see the new poll on the forum?

Quote Originally Posted by jimmylee View Post
    I just found out today, that when I get on the MOA website (it "remembers" me) and I click on the "Inbox" (or some such, I cant exactly remember) the site directs me to the FORUM page! I'm still logged in, but I had wanted to go to my mailbox!
    There is no intuition with computers or software. If you were not on the forum when you wanted to read a private message that is in your "in box", as the private message system is contained in the forum software package, you would have to be on the forum to access that feature. If I understood your question correctly, everything sounds OK.
    OM
    "Well they say.. time loves a hero but only time will tell.. If he's real, he's a legend from heaven If he ain't he was sent here from hell" Lowell George
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200
    Part of the Forum Threadside Assistance Program

Quote Originally Posted by jimmylee View Post
    I just found out today, that when I get on the MOA website (it "remembers" me) and I click on the "Inbox" (or some such, I cant exactly remember) the site directs me to the FORUM page! I'm still logged in, but I had wanted to go to my mailbox!
    I just did what you said (actually, it's "My Inbox") and it does take you to the forum. I don't think that's right. I'll get with Jeff tomorrow.
    Kurt -- Forum Administrator ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    It's very rare that I visit the homepage, so I have not noticed if it remembers me.
    I've been working out of State quite a bit this year and that may be my problem. I took it for granted everyone was still having the login problem.
    I'm almost done with my work detail and will check the site when I return home.
    the FleaMarket problem does not bother me. I can view the ads and see the description without logging in.

I'm back home now, and I see IE8 remembers me when I look at the Fleamarket. Using IE8 at home the ad descriptions disappears when I click on the ad.
    I realize the Fleamarket is separate from the forum and you can't correct the problem, but thought you might want to know that all the problems with the Fleamarket have not been corrected.

BTW, when I click on an ad using Chrome, I see the full description.
    Lee 2011 K1300S
    MOA # 30878
    Past BMW Bikes, 2003 K1200RS, 1991 K75S, 1987 K75T, 1984 R100RT

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    I realize the Fleamarket is separate from the forum and you can't correct the problem, but thought you might want to know that all the problems with the Fleamarket have not been corrected.
    That's pretty strange, Lee. I'm running IE9 at work and have never had an issue. All that stuff is over my head, but I wouldn't think whatever they fixed is browser dependent...I'm sure some things are, but didn't think something like this was. I can make some inquiries, but I don't know there's any solution to this.
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

Quote Originally Posted by na1g View Post
    I'm looking for the box that says "I log-in every time but have to log-in even though I've checked the "remember me" box. It never remembers me

pete
    Pete, I had the same issue. I am using Firefox. A few minutes ago I used tools/options/advanced/cached web content, and hit the "clear now" button. The cache had been maxed out. I just got back into the forum automatically, so this worked for me.

Harry
    2003 R1150RT - Silver

Old man in the mountains osbornk's Avatar
    Marion VA-In the middle of some of the best riding in the country.
    Quote Originally Posted by 20774 View Post
    That's pretty strange, Lee. I'm running IE9 at work and have never had an issue. All that stuff is over my head, but I wouldn't think whatever they fixed is browser dependent...I'm sure some things are, but didn't think something like this was. I can make some inquiries, but I don't know there's any solution to this.
    I have IE11 (just came out last week) and it works fine as it did on IE10.
    'You can say what you want about the South, but I almost never hear of anyone wanting to retire to the North.

I don't think the problem is browser specific. It's more of a problem of getting old "stored" information out of the browser that is causing you trouble.
    OM
    "Well they say.. time loves a hero but only time will tell.. If he's real, he's a legend from heaven If he ain't he was sent here from hell" Lowell George
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200
    Part of the Forum Threadside Assistance Program

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Man View Post
    It's more of a problem of getting old "stored" information out of the browser that is causing you trouble.
    OM
    That did not help the problems I mentioned.
    Lee 2011 K1300S
    MOA # 30878
    Past BMW Bikes, 2003 K1200RS, 1991 K75S, 1987 K75T, 1984 R100RT

Lee -

If at all possible, you really should move ahead to at least IE9...as mentioned IE11 is out. Webpages are indeed written for some of the more prevalent browsers and thus some features might not work properly the farther out you get. I wouldn't make the jump all the way to IE11 but do one at a time over a period of 6 months or so.