Thread: Tire Pressure Gauge

Hybrid View

Tire Pressure Gauge

My tire pressure guage is shapped wrong to be used on my RT. Before I go shopping for a new one, I thought I would ask here for any suggestions.

Thank you

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by wwalton View Post
    My tire pressure guage is shapped wrong to be used on my RT. Before I go shopping for a new one, I thought I would ask here for any suggestions.

Thank you
    Seek out the gauge with the flexible hose and locking chuck from BestRest Products ($25). Have several in my inventory (multiple bikes, garage bench) and rely on their accuracy.

They also mate well with the BestRest tire pump ($100), an expedition-quality device that is always with me on the bike.

FYI, resist any temptation to solve your problem by converting to 'right-angle' valves. They have a poor track record (often leak), as my son can attest to.

I even had an OEM version on one of my bike's go bad the first year.
    Kevin Greenwald - Touring Tips Editor
    Nationally Certified Law Enforcement Motor Officer (Ret.) / IBA Member #34281
    MSF RiderCoach # 121656 (BRC,SBRC,IS,IME,SMARTrainer)
    Motorcycle/Driving Instructor - ROAD AMERICA Race Track

Check out www.advdesigns.com part # EZ-02 $25 You can add air while the gauge is in place.
    John Simonds
    2008 R 1200 GSA
    1975 850 Norton Roadster
    If it ain"t broke... fix it till it is.

I have several very cheap (under $5) tire gauges that measure 5-50 psi. When checked on a truck tire, which won't lose much air if I mess up, they seem to read within one psi of each other. 45 degree angle head, and it is a bit difficult getting the thing at the correct angle around the front tire disks, but possible. Easy to read, even to a half pound, which wider range gauges are not. Had a digital gauge die early and swore off them.

At home, I've come to rely upon my bicycle pump with gauge. That gauge agrees with my little cheapies on the truck tire, and I avoid the possibility of losing air in my MC tires if I don't insert the gauge just right.

Incidentally, just installed mounted snow tires on one our cars - tires that spent the last 6 months in our basement. ALL of them were at 34 psi, and I most likely would have set the pressure at 32 in a colder spell then never checked them again. So, not ALL tires lose pressure as the months pass - though my current MC tires do just that.

The learning never ends.
    Doug
    1992 K100RS

5. 10-31-2013, 11:46 AM