Thread: Just to say hi!

Seeking Mental Floss

Just to say hi!

Just thought I'd check in with the forum where I spent a lot of time in the past, when I rode a 2005 R12RT. How are you guys and gals doing? I still have my Goldwing, and still love it. I have been fully retired for almost two years now, and spending a lot of time having fun. I have become a USGA Rules official, and play or officiate golf most of the time. Most of the rest is spent on the Wing, enjoying the Texas Hill Country and other places. Anyway, just a quick hello. Still a soft spot in my heart for a Beemer. Hope you are all doing well.

Hugh

Quote Originally Posted by hlothery View Post
    Just thought I'd check in with the forum where I spent a lot of time in the past, when I rode a 2005 R12RT. How are you guys and gals doing? I still have my Goldwing, and still love it. I have been fully retired for almost two years now, and spending a lot of time having fun. I have become a USGA Rules official, and play or officiate golf most of the time. Most of the rest is spent on the Wing, enjoying the Texas Hill Country and other places. Anyway, just a quick hello. Still a soft spot in my heart for a Beemer. Hope you are all doing well.

Hugh
    Hi right back. You inspired this-
    http://www.bmwmoa.org/forum/showthre...n-The-Way-quot
    Hope your still enjoying the endless days off.
    Gary
    "Well they say.. time loves a hero but only time will tell.. If he's real, he's a legend from heaven If he ain't he was sent here from hell" Lowell George
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200
    Part of the Forum Threadside Assistance Program

Seeking Mental Floss
    Thanks, Gary. I am indeed. If one has the means and has not retired, they are missing out. Never thought life would be this good. I actually don't have enough time to regularly follow the several chat boards I used to visit daily when I was working. How crazy is that?!? But I do think often, and fondly, of the associations I had on this board. From meeting oldhway to the conversations with many of you, it was a lot of fun. I remember riding north out of Big Bend several years ago and seeing a blond lady dressed in red walking back from her mailbox. A quick look to the left revealed several BMW bikes parked near the house (one of them red!) and I knew immediately that it was Voni. I didn't stop (did honk), but would never have had any connection to that event without this forum. Many fond memories. Many new ones being made daily. Wishing you all health and happiness. I'll try to check in from time to time.

Hugh

Good to hear from you Hugh. I retired a few months before you did and my wife and I have been riding our bikes more than ever. Not a bad gig if you can get it. Thanks for checking in.
    Last edited by akbeemer; 10-29-2013 at 04:22 AM.
    Kevin Huddy
    Intrepid Incompetent
    Tm Pterodactyl MT Outpost

Hi, always good to see people drop in.
    Pass the mustard and UP THE REVOLUTION!

St. Paul Pioneer Press , Minneapolis Star Tribune

So glad you checked in and bought us up to date. Nice to hear you are still enjoying the Wing.

Isn't it funny how, when you are retired, time gets away so quickly. I second your thoughts about retirement. Best thing I ever did as well.

Stay in touch. There are many old pharts here as well as many new members.
    I used to post here, but now I don't.

Sure, OK.
    Hi!