Thread: Rip The Speed Channel or that's how it looks. :banghead

Rip The Speed Channel or that's how it looks. :banghead

Well I guess someone had to do it so here I go......With Fox sucking up the Speed Channel it looks like organized athletic sports is the major content of what was a premium channel worth paying a little extra for. The wheeled action has been sorta diminishing the last couple of years at the SC and it seems like that the outdoor motorsports that used to be 4 or 5 shows on the Outdoor channel are headed that way also.
    Jeeeze, a couple of car manufacturers eliminate dipsticks and it's over? Spike still has some programming but it is so out of whack, well, I guess it only did take 11 minutes to put a full lift kit in.
    YMMY- hopefully
    OM
    Last edited by Omega Man; 10-27-2013 at 02:00 AM. Reason: spelwring
    "Well they say.. time loves a hero but only time will tell.. If he's real, he's a legend from heaven If he ain't he was sent here from hell" Lowell George
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200
    Part of the Forum Threadside Assistance Program

Granted it has been noticed. I have been tuning into velocity more frequently for my motorhead fixes The problem is that there seems to be too much soap boxing and shilling from the sponsors instead of substantial content.

Interesting you mention Velocity, one of the ATV shows I like to watch is moving to Velocity, from the Outdoor channel, in January. I've done some looking and have yet to find it here on Comcast.
    OM
    "Well they say.. time loves a hero but only time will tell.. If he's real, he's a legend from heaven If he ain't he was sent here from hell" Lowell George
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200
    Part of the Forum Threadside Assistance Program

Fox Sports1 and Fox Sports 2 combine to have most of the actual racing content from SPEED. I don't miss the monster trucks or the 2 guys garage swill.

MAV TV is new with some racing, too, but it appears the more limited interest stuff like power boats and off road, although they do have World Rally. Of course even before SPEED disappeared, Formula 1 had moved to NBC Sports.

MotoGP was on Fox Sports 2 last night, moved from 1 because of football. Even there it was delayed by football.
    Kent Christensen
    '12 R1200RT, '02 R1100S, '84 R80G/S

Old man in the mountains osbornk's Avatar
    Marion VA-In the middle of some of the best riding in the country.
    Quote Originally Posted by lkchris View Post
    Fox Sports1 and Fox Sports 2 combine to have most of the actual racing content from SPEED. I don't miss the monster trucks or the 2 guys garage swill.
    The problem is that Fox Sports 2 is not available to many people. I have Fox Sports 2 on Dish but it is standard definition and the picture is frequently of poor quality on my 60" TV. I miss the OLD Speed channel (not so much the recent one).
    'You can say what you want about the South, but I almost never hear of anyone wanting to retire to the North.