Thread: Held & Wunderlich Tank Bag Info Comparison???

Held & Wunderlich Tank Bag Info Comparison???

I'm looking at the Held tank bag-model is called "Scotty", SKU 4513. It has a velcro attachment system. Also considering the Wunderlich Elephant & Elephant Lite which use straps. Also looking @ the Givi T480 as I read where someone fastened the gas filler ring to the faux plastic tank on the G650GS
    Application is 2012 BMW G650GS with plastic "tank". If you own & care to comment on either of these bags, please share your thoughts,thanks
    Last edited by kantuckid; 10-26-2013 at 01:03 AM.
    "If I had my life to live over, I'd dare to make more mistakes next time...I'd relax,I'd limber up... I would take fewer things seriously...take more chances... take more trips...climb more mountains...swim more rivers...eat more ice cream." Jorge Luis Borges at age 85.

Geeser
    I use the Wunderlich with the elephant system on my F700GS. Really like it. Does not move when riding on or off road. Easy off and on at overnight stops when traveling. Holds everything I want to put in a tank bag with room left over.
    Marty
    K1600GTL
    F700GS
    IBA #42016

Something I dislike about the BMW bag (aside from ridiculous price point) is the lack of a size change feature. I do wonder how well the full size Elephant fits my ride, as compared to the Lite model? I can but a used Elephant for ~ the same as the Lite is new. I'm trying to call Held (again) to ask how well the Scotty fits my ride? No reviews on the Scotty to read.
    "If I had my life to live over, I'd dare to make more mistakes next time...I'd relax,I'd limber up... I would take fewer things seriously...take more chances... take more trips...climb more mountains...swim more rivers...eat more ice cream." Jorge Luis Borges at age 85.