Thread: MOA Hat

MOA Hat

Ok, so nothing major here, but I kept looking for a good spot for the MOA patch that comes with a membership. Today I found a great patagonia hat - very comfortable, clip / adjustable sizing, and very lightweight.

I took off the Patagonia Ironworks patch and replaced it with the MOA patch - came out great. Maybe MOA should consider this hat as an option.
    Name:  moa.jpg
Views: 493
Size:  39.2 KB

Rocky Bow BMW Riders #197 bogthebasher's Avatar

Great Idea

+1
    Ken
    [2008 R1200RT (Biarritz Blue) - Mine]
    [2007 R1200RT (Sand Biege) - Hers]

Looks great, good idea !

You mean they don't already have a hat?

Your "sew to a hat" beats my option of using sewing glue to attach it to my codura nylon Klim Jacket. It (the patch) is somewhere in a ditch between Havre and Kalispell MT if anyone wants to go look for it.

5. 10-21-2013, 06:02 PM

What patch? I received nothing when I renewed, except a new card..they said they'd send a sticker, at least, but no dice. Oh, well, I still have the old logos and patches...

....for big heads

Quote Originally Posted by garthw View Post
    You mean they don't already have a hat?

Your "sew to a hat" beats my option of using sewing glue to attach it to my codura nylon Klim Jacket. It (the patch) is somewhere in a ditch between Havre and Kalispell MT if anyone wants to go look for it.
    My head is around a 7 5/8 size, so typical baseball caps look like kids hats. I also like to have quick adjustment - loose for just hanging around, tight when I'm on a boat. The patagonia has a very nice plastic clip with a strap tightener. I'm headed to Africa this week - will be interesting to see if anyone there recognizes MOA. Hardly anyone does in West Michigan.

Rhonda just got some of the MOA merchandise back online this morning. Only a few items at the moment, but she is working to get more merchandise online and available. There is a black version available as well.

https://squareup.com/market/bmw-moto...erica/gray-hat

Name:  original.jpg
Views: 225
Size:  32.5 KB
    Ted Moyer
    '09 G450X, '06 R1200RT, '78 R100RS Motosport, '76 CB400F, '72 XL250, '83 RZ350

Quote Originally Posted by Weasel View Post
    What patch? I received nothing when I renewed, except a new card..they said they'd send a sticker, at least, but no dice. Oh, well, I still have the old logos and patches...
    Patch and sticker going out to you today! If you don't see it soon, PM me or email and I will check into it.

Ted
    Ted Moyer
    '09 G450X, '06 R1200RT, '78 R100RS Motosport, '76 CB400F, '72 XL250, '83 RZ350

MOA Hat;

I bought one in Salem this year and already nearly destroyed it. Fit is nice, color I like in grey, but dirt is attracted to it big time. My GSA life and my camping all the time, the hat is so dirty, just got ugly! Of course some in GSA world would consider this a positive. Me, I like my hat relatively clean looking. I don't know if anything is possible to keep hats decent looking, but its an idea interesting to me. I found washing hats usually kills them. Somebody needs to make a washable hat OR one that repells dirt better. Randy

Quote Originally Posted by t2moyer View Post
    Rhonda just got some of the MOA merchandise back online this morning. Only a few items at the moment, but she is working to get more merchandise online and available. There is a black version available as well.

https://squareup.com/market/bmw-moto...erica/gray-hat

Name:  original.jpg
Views: 225
Size:  32.5 KB
    I have this hat, and like it.
    Eventual Master of the Obvious
    SE Mass - SOHC4 - DoD - BMWMOA - EMOTO #1
    ...proud walking jingle in the midnight sun...
    Free Smugmug Discount Coupon: mStnWv71mNkjo