Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Helmet Camera for Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by marchyman View Post
    Always use a safety tether. Tether the CAMERA, not the mount. I made a place to attach the tether out of some very thin sheet metal and mounted it under one of the screws that hold the visor to my helmet.

Can you post a pic with the camera attached?
    Nice engineering.

Don't think I have any pics with a camera attached. This pic shows where a go-pro mount has been stuck to the side of the helmet. Half of a tether is connected to my bracket and taped to the helmet with gaffers tape to keep it from blowing in the wind.

The mount is that black thing next to the sleeve of my jacket.

Here's a closer look with the mount in a slightly different location. It was a bit too far back in this location.

Thanks.

Cowboyatheart
    Quote Originally Posted by marchyman View Post
    Don't think I have any pics with a camera attached. This pic shows where a go-pro mount has been stuck to the side of the helmet. Half of a tether is connected to my bracket and taped to the helmet with gaffers tape to keep it from blowing in the wind.

The mount is that black thing next to the sleeve of my jacket.
    Looks like a BMW Street Guard Jacket. Just saying...
    Neil
    Want to be happy for a day? Drink. Want to be happy for a year? Get married. Want to be happy for life? Ride a BMW!
    www.TasteMoringa.com Smart Mix & XM3 Energy Drink are the puppies to view...IMO

It's a Darien

Computer link:)

Probably not a Mac commercial! But, my new addition HP Pavillion Touchsmart 11" Notebook PC works perfect with all GoPro requirements and then some. This is a perfect size for my GSA bags with its robust carry case I bought from Thule. Never having a touchscreen before, takes a bit of practice but NICE feature and so much faster overall. The price is down to under 400$ now at Best Buy, a WOW good deal. Family members are buying the newest addition GoPro's and I have much to learn, as they are evolving. IPhone friendly now and more....My older version is still working fine and produces first rate video I cannot complain. IF I had any compalint, it would be the time involved taking videos and camera time from my usual riding I used to do! I'm a high miler guy, riding long days, BUT find myself slowing down and enjoying the above more.

After reading here and other places i have decided to go with the Drift Ghost-S.
    It's an updated camera with better low light and a Sony CCD.
    It is about $100 more than the Ghost HD so I told the kids I would kick in whatever was over their budget.
    http://driftinnovation.com/drift-ghost-s/

Quote Originally Posted by jnrugg View Post
    After reading here and other places i have decided to go with the Drift Ghost-S.
    It's an updated camera with better low light and a Sony CCD.
    It is about $100 more than the Ghost HD so I told the kids I would kick in whatever was over their budget.
    http://driftinnovation.com/drift-ghost-s/

Looks like it has some impressive specs and features. It would be great to get a follow up review on this camera. This may be the one I need, if it is user friendly.

So far I have opened a really cool box and made it so I can't get everything back in.
    I will play with it when I get home tonight. It's a little bigger then I thought.
    It has a zoom so the coverage can be changed.
    I am thinking of writing a review of it for MOA magazine.
    Spring is just too far off.... sigh.........

Helpful thread!

SO gave me a GoPro 3+ and now I'll have to upgrade one of my antique (5-8 yrs old) portables- the newer netbook sure won't do it.
    Should have done it sooner anyway- bought a new SLR last year that uses the new fast cards and my old portables don't even like those.

Anybody else have either a Mac or PC recommendation? I use both and am partial to SSDs....

Cowboyatheart
    Quote Originally Posted by racer7 View Post
    Helpful thread!

SO gave me a GoPro 3+ and now I'll have to upgrade one of my antique (5-8 yrs old) portables- the newer netbook sure won't do it.
    Should have done it sooner anyway- bought a new SLR last year that uses the new fast cards and my old portables don't even like those.

Anybody else have either a Mac or PC recommendation? I use both and am partial to SSDs....
    I quit PC's in 2005 and converted to Mac. Used to program in the PC world.

IMO Mac's are easier to use, connectivity to devices is easier and quicker, always buy the 3 yr apple extended service contract when buying- they have GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE for both H/W and S/W.

Mac are great for video editing and most everything else. Microsoft Word and Excel are superior, but that is about it, from my perspective.
    Neil
    Want to be happy for a day? Drink. Want to be happy for a year? Get married. Want to be happy for life? Ride a BMW!
    www.TasteMoringa.com Smart Mix & XM3 Energy Drink are the puppies to view...IMO

If you are thinking mac laptops then think big. On the new macbook pro and macbook air with the retina display you can't upgrade anything after the fact. No extra RAM, no larger drive. So buy it with all the memory and internal disk space you think you will need. That being said, I'd get a mac. Just wanted you to know the downside. Some of the PC's are that way too. SSD is great for traveling since they don't have moving parts. Plus the speed is awesome.
    Rusty
    Austin, TX
    Two Wheeled Texans
    2009 R1200GSA

For whatever reason I am not getting informed of updates to the thread.
    This is turning out more complicated than I thought.
    I was wondering about bugs on the lenses.
    Being able to take still photos while riding is the main reason for getting one.
    The Hero3 and 3+ has a time lapse feature in the camera mode. You can set it to take a picture every 0.2, 1, 2, 5, 10, 30 or 60 second.

So far I have opened a really cool box and made it so I can't get everything back in.
    I will play with it when I get home tonight. It's a little bigger then I thought.
    It has a zoom so the coverage can be changed.
    I am thinking of writing a review of it for MOA magazine.
    Spring is just too far off.... sigh.........

Have you had a chance to get familiar with it yet? Went to the website and this one looks like it might work well and be user friendly.

GoPro Hero 3 Black for $265

FWIW I just received my GoPro directly from them. At $265 shipped I just couldn't resist.
    These are open box/returns/refurbished units but to be perfectly honest, mine looked brand new. It comes with everything a new unit does including their new unit warranty. I haven't used it yet as I just got it the other day and I'm waiting for an SD card to arrive.

Here is the link: http://gopro.com/cameras/refurbished...-black-edition

Check it out.

Joe
    If life throws you a curve; lean into it.