Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Not earthshaking importance...

My bike is white (K100RS) though it is usually decorated with a tasteful spattering of bugs and varying colors of road sludge thoughtfully slung up by vehicles ahead of me in the rain. I only wash it when I think the decorations are over done - so I can start the re-decoration process agai
    I love white on the R100RS. Not sure why that combination resonates with me, but it really grabs my attention.
    2000 R1100RS
    1972 R75/5

I can not lie... I like white

Well, it was a dark and foggy morning and I was the victim of a hit-and-run which totaled my RT and put me in the hospital. So I call the color "fog grey" even though BMW calls it "Fluid Grey". Whether I would have been hit had I been riding my yellow Goldwing is a question I'll never be able to answer. My new-to-me GTL is midnight blue, looks black most of the time. Lights and reflective tape for me unless I decide to repaint it.

They really need more visible colors.

Quote Originally Posted by marchyman View Post
    I can not lie... I like white

Do you have a picture of your bikes sitting side-by-side from the front with both bikes on center stand?

I'm interested in the visual comparison.
    Cave contents: 99 R11RS, 2013 Toyota Tacoma, 03 Simplicity Legacy, 97 Stihl FS75, Dewalt DW625 & DW744

Quote Originally Posted by 36654 View Post
    Do you have a picture of your bikes sitting side-by-side from the front with both bikes on center stand?

I'm interested in the visual comparison.
    Nope. But that can be rectified. Check back in a few hours.

They're both fun to ride

Can We Do Something About Drab Colors?

Will BMW listen to enough of us if we complain about not getting bright easy-to-see-in-poor-light-conditions colors? Seems to me we can gripe and whine all we want, but as long as we buy all the gray/blue/silver/black bikes BMW makes, they will continue to ignore us. What is the best way for us to let the company know we REALLY want bright colors? is there a specific corporate office/division to which we can start an email campaign?

BTW, car manufacturers for years have pumped the BS into all of us by claiming that "studies" show clearly that buyers want silver and white and black cars. But what has really happened, IMO, is that car manufacturers have been creating the color demand by making mostly silver and white cars, so of course that is what has been the best sellers. Most folks will buy what is immediately available rather than special order and wait for some period of time. Same goes for motorcycles I believe, at least in my personal case that is true.
    Royce
    On the coast of Kansas
    2012 F800ST

They're both fun to ride

Hey, thanks a lot. Quite a difference, no?
    Cave contents: 99 R11RS, 2013 Toyota Tacoma, 03 Simplicity Legacy, 97 Stihl FS75, Dewalt DW625 & DW744

Quote Originally Posted by 36654 View Post
    Hey, thanks a lot. Quite a difference, no?
    The first time I rode an R69S as a teen in the late '60s I thought of it as a big bike. Times change. The R69S is easier to work on, but it needs work 5-10 times as often!

And white is not a drab color

The first time I rode an R69S as a teen in the late '60s I thought of it as a big bike. Times change. The R69S is easier to work on, but it needs work 5-10 times as often!

And white is not a drab color
    White is a fantastic color..........right up there with red.

Relative to size, a year or two ago I had a service at Hermy's BMW in southeast PA and they provided me a Triumph Bonneville as an overnight loaner. I had the same reaction........."I remember thinking these bikes were big".

At times, I think we might be missing something with the new larger models.

Ozzie Flyer

not so

Quote Originally Posted by royce View Post
    Will BMW listen to enough of us if we complain about not getting bright easy-to-see-in-poor-light-conditions colors? Seems to me we can gripe and whine all we want, but as long as we buy all the gray/blue/silver/black bikes BMW makes, they will continue to ignore us. What is the best way for us to let the company know we REALLY want bright colors? is there a specific corporate office/division to which we can start an email campaign?

BTW, car manufacturers for years have pumped the BS into all of us by claiming that "studies" show clearly that buyers want silver and white and black cars. But what has really happened, IMO, is that car manufacturers have been creating the color demand by making mostly silver and white cars, so of course that is what has been the best sellers. Most folks will buy what is immediately available rather than special order and wait for some period of time. Same goes for motorcycles I believe, at least in my personal case that is true.
    Not all of us REALLY want bright colours. My last 4 RT bikes have been Tundra Green, silver, black and 90 the anniversary black.very happy with those. Sales seem to indicate this as well.
    Regards
    regards
    Paul
    Ozzie Flyer
    BE KIND TO HUMANS... THEY BITE

Quote Originally Posted by pch123 View Post
    Not all of us REALLY want bright colours. My last 4 RT bikes have been Tundra Green, silver, black and 90 the anniversary black.very happy with those. Sales seem to indicate this as well.
    Regards
    But who knows, perhaps they would sell even more if the offered other colors?

Can not prove the negative, only the kook aid drinkers would buy them even if yellow was the only color sold.
    Ride Well, Ride Often, Ride to

Charter Member "High Town" crew.

RK Ryder
    Bloomsburg MOA Rally 2011 042 copy.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by sibud View Post
    Can not prove the negative, only the kook aid drinkers would buy them even if yellow was the only color sold.
    Beemers now come in yellow???
    Last edited by Paul_F; 10-26-2013 at 06:23 PM. Reason: spelling error
    Paul
    Retired and riding my RTs, the '87 K100 & the '98 R1100 !
    Treasurer of the Forest City Motorrad Club #159
    Knights of the Roundel #333

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_F View Post
    Bloomsburg MOA Rally 2011 042 copy.jpg

Beemmers now come in yellow???
    What you talking 'bout Willis.

I bet they really wanted a yellow Gold Wing/
    Ride Well, Ride Often, Ride to

Charter Member "High Town" crew.

Quote Originally Posted by redsky49 View Post
    but just watched this vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGK76...s_digest-vrecs

and liked the red finish on the RT. Why can't you get bright colors on BMWs, rather than the somber colors now offered?

I'd rather be more visible, not less. Gray, black, etc. just don't trip my trigger.

Best BMW ad ever.

My K16GT is Vermillion Red - the best looking red I've ever seen on any car or bike.

Wes
    Wes Jones
    Annapolis, MD
    2012 K1600GT, Vermillion Red
    2013 S1000RR, Granite Gray