Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Not earthshaking importance...

Cowboyatheart
    Quote Originally Posted by ka5ysy View Post
    Kontour seat: Gas tank and bladder become limiting factor, not the butt. Cool in the heat (airflow !!!) dry in the rain, and a pleasure to ride on all day, any day.

I ordered my Kontour shortly after buying the RT. Some used bikes can be purchased with aftermarket seats. My R1200R was traded with a Rick Mayer seat so somebody was spared the horror of the stock seat.

Photos and report here:
    http://www.dualsportridersoflouisian...l=1#post151976

I tried an Alaska Leather sheepskin. It made the stock R1200R seat go from a 1-hour max ride to about a 3-hour ride. After the Sheepskin experiment, the Rick Mayer seat made for a comfortable seat on the RR. The problem with leather seats is that you absolutely have to have a rain cover for them too. Plus you have to maintain them with leather treatment or they will quickly dry out and look bad.

If you get rain with a sheepskin, it is going to get squishy wet, no way around that problem unless you wrap it in some kind of rain cover.
    Don't you find the Kontour seat covering very slippery? I love the comfort of the foam but the material is so slippery I find my jewels rammed against the tank at each stop. Comment?
    Neil
    Want to be happy for a day? Drink. Want to be happy for a year? Get married. Want to be happy for life? Ride a BMW!
    www.TasteMoringa.com Smart Mix & XM3 Energy Drink are the puppies to view...IMO

Quote Originally Posted by nelliott View Post
    Don't you find the Kontour seat covering very slippery? I love the comfort of the foam but the material is so slippery I find my jewels rammed against the tank at each stop. Comment?
    Not at all. The open weave texture kept me from sliding around.

What bike are you riding?
    I used to post here, but now I don't.

Getting back to the original post, and in light of today's press release for the 2014 RT we have three new colors to offer...drum roll please...grey,blue and black. Think I'll go take a nap.

No longer a member here
    Quote Originally Posted by Ridefar View Post
    Getting back to the original post, and in light of today's press release for the 2014 RT we have three new colors to offer...drum roll please...grey,blue and black. Think I'll go take a nap.
    Have not read the press release, but I would bet the colors are Weissaluminium, Arubablau und Ebenholz.....