Thread: F800gt windshield options

cab

F800gt windshield options

Has anyone replaced their stock windshield with an aftermarket windshield? I added a Wonderlich deflector that helps throw air over the top, but I want something of a more permanent solution. Has anyone used a MadStad adjustable windscreen? Any thoughts on any replacement windshields? Cathy

Quote Originally Posted by 14066 View Post
    Has anyone replaced their stock windshield with an aftermarket windshield? I added a Wonderlich deflector that helps throw air over the top, but I want something of a more permanent solution. Has anyone used a MadStad adjustable windscreen? Any thoughts on any replacement windshields?
    Welcome to the forum! I will move your post to the F-Twins area where you will have a better response. Fixed up your title a bit- it'll help.
    Gary
    "Well they say.. time loves a hero but only time will tell.. If he's real, he's a legend from heaven If he ain't he was sent here from hell" Lowell George
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200
    Part of the Forum Threadside Assistance Program

Mad Stad Windscreen

Quote Originally Posted by 14066 View Post
    Has anyone replaced their stock windshield with an aftermarket windshield? I added a Wonderlich deflector that helps throw air over the top, but I want something of a more permanent solution. Has anyone used a MadStad adjustable windscreen? Any thoughts on any replacement windshields? Cathy
    I have replaced my windshield with the MadStad adjustable screen and I really enjoy it. Yes, much better than the original and the adjustability is supreme. I went with the 20" height and Light Gray color, my inseam is 27 , height 5'9"and even though I do look over the top the height is totally adjustable. With my other bikes I have used non adjustable replacement screens, even though these have been OK, the MadStad is much better.
    1991 R100/RT - 1984 R100/RS
    2006 KZ-14/ Hannigan HP
    1980 R100/EML-1964 R69S
    2013 F800GT

I don't think you can go wrong with the Madstad system. I have been extremely pleased with mine.

I have the Masted windshield on my GT and love it. There is not many aftermarket offerings for a replacement windshield, but the Madstad has been received with some pretty good success. If you brouse the F800 forum, GT Modifications, you will find plenty of information on this subject.

Linky: http://f800riders.org/

bob

Can you folks tell us your height and the size screen you're using- and whether you'd pick that again or something shorter/taller?

Quote Originally Posted by racer7 View Post
    Can you folks tell us your height and the size screen you're using- and whether you'd pick that again or something shorter/taller?
    As stated originally...5'9"..20" screen and this height is fine. With their windshields you have many inches of choice with the adjustable mount once you have it installed. Nice people to do business with as well.
    1991 R100/RT - 1984 R100/RS
    2006 KZ-14/ Hannigan HP
    1980 R100/EML-1964 R69S
    2013 F800GT

I am 6'5" and sit pretty high on the bike. Added a Russell Day Long seat that raises you up pretty good. I have the 22" windshield on the bike and have no issues. It is adjustable and you can lower if needed. At the present time I prefer it to be in the full up position and find that to be very comfortable.

bob

There are also 3 VStream options coming. Polycarbonate they use is a superior material to acrylic both for optical clarity and toughness. But the adjustability of the Madstad is a big plus even with the inferior, excessively thick plastic they end up using.