More shots please
    '
    Ufda happens..........

It's all about the details.

quartering compressed.jpgSide View compressed.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by GSAddict View Post
    Looks great
    More shots please
    Thanks for the compliments. 2 more pics.

Quote Originally Posted by hookembevo View Post
    quartering compressed.jpgSide View compressed.jpg

Thanks for the compliments. 2 more pics.

Thanks for the photos. I have a OEM touring shield , painted to match on the lower inside...it looks nice but after seeing yours....I may make a change. You say the wind blast id OK ? for you ?
    Ron Prior {AMA member 30+ years,MOA member 20+years}
    Milford,Oh
    2002 KLT
    2004 Roadster

Quote Originally Posted by 71243 View Post
    Thanks for the photos. I have a OEM touring shield , painted to match on the lower inside...it looks nice but after seeing yours....I may make a change. You say the wind blast id OK ? for you ?
    I started with the touring shield. I'm 6'1" and with the touring shield the wind hit right in the face. The new fairing puts the air around my neck, which I prefer. It is a little louder, but I have gotten into the habit of ear plugs. When you mock up the airtech, see if you like it. If it doesn't work, you could easily sell it on this site and likely break even, as you will have already drilled all necessary holes, etc. I'll bet you like it.

That's funny that you painted the back of the touring shield. I thought about doing the same thing when I first bought the bike.

Quote Originally Posted by hookembevo View Post
    I started with the touring shield. I'm 6'1" and with the touring shield the wind hit right in the face. The new fairing puts the air around my neck, which I prefer. It is a little louder, but I have gotten into the habit of ear plugs. When you mock up the airtech, see if you like it. If it doesn't work, you could easily sell it on this site and likely break even, as you will have already drilled all necessary holes, etc. I'll bet you like it.

That's funny that you painted the back of the touring shield. I thought about doing the same thing when I first bought the bike.

I'm 6'1" as well...should work about the same.I'm sitting on a Sargent seat, which I think is just a scosch lower? .HUMMMMM! I have some thinkin' to do.

Painting the inside of the shield, gives it [the motorcycle] {IMO} a color balance...sort of like a fairing does...while not being as large, and blocking too much air.
    Ron Prior {AMA member 30+ years,MOA member 20+years}
    Milford,Oh
    2002 KLT
    2004 Roadster

Day Dreaming ... happy wanderer's Avatar
    Nicely done. That bikes looks great. Really like the lines from all angles. Form, fit and function? I'd say you nailed it.
    MJM - BeeCeeBeemers Motorcycle Club Vancouver B.C.
    '81 R80G/S, '82 R100RS, '00 R1100RT