Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: 2013 k1600 14,500 miles Cracked Piston!

Roadkill - Can you give us an update?
    '14 R1200GS,
    Priors: '13 K1600GT, '08 R1200RT, '04 R1150RT, '05 R1200GS, '73 R75/5.

Major problems in sunny south florida

I have also had all the major components in my bike fail and am so unhappy with BMW. switches,(not major but on the list)ft shock, trans, now the engine is out for massive blow by filling up air filter box with oil. many quarts of oil in 200 miles that's how much. I have been with out a bike also for 5 weeks and am starting to get very upset ,with no clear answer from BMW corp. I am quickly loosing faith with the product. As a ASE master tech in the automotive industry for 35 years I take very good car of my machines. oil changes every 3,500 mile with full synthetic amsoil, bmw filters. service final drive every 10 k also with synthetic. air filters.ect. I would think at this point I deserve a new bike without all problems...would love to hear some comments for all of you. I really thought I had a great machine here , but no, I guess not..so sad 27,000 dollars for this really?

Check lemon law in your state.

Rod

Quote Originally Posted by tedrclark1 View Post
    I have also had all the major components in my bike fail and am so unhappy with BMW. switches,(not major but on the list)ft shock, trans, now the engine is out for massive blow by filling up air filter box with oil. many quarts of oil in 200 miles that's how much. I have been with out a bike also for 5 weeks and am starting to get very upset ,with no clear answer from BMW corp. I am quickly loosing faith with the product. As a ASE master tech in the automotive industry for 35 years I take very good car of my machines. oil changes every 3,500 mile with full synthetic amsoil, bmw filters. service final drive every 10 k also with synthetic. air filters.ect. I would think at this point I deserve a new bike without all problems...would love to hear some comments for all of you. I really thought I had a great machine here , but no, I guess not..so sad 27,000 dollars for this really?
    You're blowing "many" quarts in 200 miles and you rode it that 200 miles? Wow, I think I would have parked it after the first quart in less than 200 miles. How many miles on this thing? With what sounds like more than one 10,000 mile rear fluid change...you must have a few miles on it. Out of warranty by miles?
    '14 R1200RT
    MOA #46783

As mentioned, this is not right and I would pursue the Lemon Law act like right now.

Keep us up to date on this pls!

-KJ
    Business comes first, riding comes always. One puts bread on the table, the other eats all the bread. Oh well, I'm riding happy!
    Go-Karts 'R' us | Power-Sports Forum

Where Is Original Poster?

Hey Roadkill, what is going on with your bike? Something like this warrants followup information. Did Motorrad buy you out to shut you up, or is perhaps something more sinister afoot? We the people need answers please. Best wishes always.

I am sure bmw would make that right again

Sent from my iPhone, inspected and certified by the NSA
    My Motorrad
    BMWMOA 162849 | BMWRA 41335 | VROC 8109-R | VBA 19

Quote Originally Posted by sailorlite View Post
    Roadkill - Can you give us an update?
    Sorry everyone for the long delay.

As most suspected and even myself..... less than 1000 miles later.... same issue... only worse... this time like last, Bike got me home, I was absolutely flogging it at that point cause I was less than happy.

Back on the tow truck...(quick side note. Never use Ed towing in NE pa... dropped my old bike while unloading it)

That was enough for me.

And my ultimate dealer Hermy's Port Clinton.

BMW replaced the engine. But to me... I did not want a bike that was not factory fresh. Its why I bought new to begin with. Now I was going to have new engine with existing drive line.

And Dick head dropped it a damaged the fairings...

So.. I traded it. Herman really worked with me. I paid a little... but its worth it to me.

For what you ask... Another new K1600 GT of course!

What can I say I love the way the bike rides.

So see how long this one lasts.

Quote Originally Posted by Roadkill601 View Post
    Sorry everyone for the long delay.

As most suspected and even myself..... less than 1000 miles later.... same issue... only worse... this time like last, Bike got me home, I was absolutely flogging it at that point cause I was less than happy.

Back on the tow truck...(quick side note. Never use Ed towing in NE pa... dropped my old bike while unloading it)

That was enough for me.

And my ultimate dealer Hermy's Port Clinton.

BMW replaced the engine. But to me... I did not want a bike that was not factory fresh. Its why I bought new to begin with. Now I was going to have new engine with existing drive line.

And Dick head dropped it a damaged the fairings...

So.. I traded it. Herman really worked with me. I paid a little... but its worth it to me.

For what you ask... Another new K1600 GT of course!

What can I say I love the way the bike rides.

So see how long this one lasts.

A new engine is over $14K. That's a chunk of change.
    My Motorrad
    BMWMOA 162849 | BMWRA 41335 | VROC 8109-R | VBA 19

Are you then saying that bike is on its third engine? Sounds like that bike is packing some "bad mogombo" for sure. Better that you start over fresh and best of luck to you.

new K1600

Well folks so far so good on the new k1600 . I have about 2k miles, planning
    a cross country ride in June. Will have credit card cell phone and roadside 800.