Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 96 K1100LT true maintenance schedule

Quote Originally Posted by leftturn View Post
    I agree that it is a bad design. I do own the bike, but that can be rectified. It is also a very hot bike to ride. No vents like the Japs put in
    their Honda. It is way too high as well. Many people have dropped this bike. Great mirror placement too. I love watching my forearms.
    I am lucky so far that my abs is still working. I like the way it handles and the windshield. I have everything stripped off of ir just to try to not
    get over heated. It looks like a K75. Should I mention the wonderful sound system>>? lol Want to put water in the radiator>? Sure, pull the
    tank off..How about using chopsticks to pull the radio. That was a genius. So thats the rant. I am told just to do the maintainance and this bike
    will run forever. 600 bucks a year for the annual at bmw. after 10 years on my
    Suzuki Intruder I might have put in 500 dollars. For six grand I could just buy another bike
    I agree it's not the right bike for you. Whenever I hate a bike I trade it for one I like better. I love my K75s. Didn't like my K1100LT so traded it in on an R1150R.
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://www.bigbend.net/users/glaves

Quote Originally Posted by PGlaves View Post
    I agree it's not the right bike for you. Whenever I hate a bike I trade it for one I like better. I love my K75s. Didn't like my K1100LT so traded it in on an R1150R.
    Everyone likes the K75s. I was looking at an R1150RT during this last bike week. I do like the sound of the boxer. I like the old airheads too.
    In all honesty I just love the way my K feels at 80 and up. So smooth. There are just no autobahns around here. We shall see.