Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: "Thread Locker" Experience Shared

As far as shelf life and usage, I usually take the top off and put 2 or 3 BB's inside to help with the shake/mix. I keep a bottle of bright colored nail polish around for usage in keeping small parts from moving. Also looks good on my toes when it doesn't clash with my stich.
    OM
    "Well they say.. time loves a hero but only time will tell.. If he's real, he's a legend from heaven If he ain't he was sent here from hell" Lowell George
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200
    Part of the Forum Threadside Assistance Program

As for thread locking choices-Take a look at my comment on BMW choosing what has to be a very expensive way to lock threads in using a SS Torx washerhead screw with a tiny lengthwise slot & nylon insert (FWIW, the 1st time I've ever seen that fastener anywhere) vs. using blue thread locker on the small M5 tailight nut clip screws fastened to plastic on both pieces. With the tail light screws it nearly broke the plastic to get them loose too.
    Now I need to look for purple in the stick thread locker?
    You cannot get a BB in the smaller bottles with a tiny tip. The "old btl" the material is still very liguid a shakes readily on it's own.
    "If I had my life to live over, I'd dare to make more mistakes next time...I'd relax,I'd limber up... I would take fewer things seriously...take more chances... take more trips...climb more mountains...swim more rivers...eat more ice cream." Jorge Luis Borges at age 85.

Quote Originally Posted by kantuckid View Post
    As for thread locking choices-Take a look at my comment on BMW choosing what has to be a very expensive way to lock threads in using a SS Torx washerhead screw with a tiny lengthwise slot & nylon insert (FWIW, the 1st time I've ever seen that fastener anywhere) vs. using blue thread locker on the small M5 tailight nut clip screws fastened to plastic on both pieces. With the tail light screws it nearly broke the plastic to get them loose too.
    Now I need to look for purple in the stick thread locker?
    You cannot get a BB in the smaller bottles with a tiny tip. The "old btl" the material is still very liguid a shakes readily on it's own.
    Can you show a picture of this screw and what it attaches to?
    Cave contents: 99 R11RS, 2013 Toyota Tacoma, 03 Simplicity Legacy, 97 Stihl FS75, Dewalt DW625 & DW744

No pic but it is a set of 4 vertical screws that hold the "Grab handle" piece (large,silver & surrounds the seat latch cavity) to the frame. They have an ~ .5 mm slot lengthwise from the tip & nylon filled , SS T25 washer head screws.
    "If I had my life to live over, I'd dare to make more mistakes next time...I'd relax,I'd limber up... I would take fewer things seriously...take more chances... take more trips...climb more mountains...swim more rivers...eat more ice cream." Jorge Luis Borges at age 85.