Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: why I like aerostitch,

I know Aerostich changed their zippers a year or two ago, supposedly to prevent the crotch leakage problem.

Anyone able to compare old vs. new?
    Larry
    2006 R1200RT

The new zippers will keep water out longer than the old zippers. That said, if the zipper and velcro are at the bottom of a pocket full of water the only difference is how long it takes for the water to leak through. The new zippers won't prevent crotch leak, it may slow it down.

I find riding with beads helps reduce crotch leak, no matter what suit I am riding in.
    The thing about traveling is, you never want it to end and you can't wait to get home.
    I answer to Roy, Chief, or Sarg.
    04 R-1150-RT current bike. 94 R-1100-RS74,383, Sold, 78 R-80/7, K.I.A by a D.U.I
    www.OceanStateBMWriders.com

In all my years (15) and miles (approx. 200,000) of riding in an Aerostich suit, I have never had a wet crotch area. Might be because I have always, by reflex and without thinking about it, adjusted the suit every time I climb onto the bike so that there is nowhere for water to puddle in my lap area. I am sure that the zippers are a "weak spot" in any riding suit, but from personal experience they are not a problem for me. Guess I have been lucky.
    Royce
    On the coast of Kansas
    2012 F800ST

Oil threads, tire pressure threads, stich leak threads.....I tell myself each time I'm not going to post a reply...Oh well

I have the 2 piece Roadcrafter, some say they have less of a wet crotch issue, I would not know, never had a one piece.

I can say this, and my riding buddy who loves Darian will back me up, on our last run up to the Pacific North wet we hit 500+ miles of the most epic rain we have ever seen, blinding, nasty unrelenting. Me in my two piece Roadcrafter and him in his Darian jacket and pants and neither one of us had any water or dampness inside our gear We were both on unfaired bikes, his R1200R and my R1100S

Quote Originally Posted by rad View Post
    I can say this, and my riding buddy who loves Darian will back me up, on our last run up to the Pacific North wet we hit 500+ miles of the most epic rain we have ever seen, blinding, nasty unrelenting. Me in my two piece Roadcrafter and him in his Darian jacket and pants and neither one of us had any water or dampness inside our gear We were both on unfaired bikes, his R1200R and my R1100S
    Exactly right, I was totally dry the whole way...except for that one little time when I blooped the sleeve/glove interface.
    David Brick
    Santa Cruz CA
    2007 R1200R

Quote Originally Posted by dbrick View Post
    Exactly right, I was totally dry the whole way...except for that one little time when I blooped the sleeve/glove interface.
    Oh ya, rider error

central wisconsin along the wisconsin river
    I like aerostitch because they stand behind their products,my older bumpershoot umbrella has been replaced with no questions asked,some of their products change for a better supplyer,my s s coffee press still kicks but over 15 years later.I was there today,very nice folks to deal with ! now I can open a brew with my belt buckle.I can spend way to much time hangin out there.
    81 R100RT

Bet that buckle is for emergency use only- surely you keg your own...(I own 3 of them, you can never tell when you'll have an emergency and at my age the teeth aren't a great substitute)

I used my 1 piece Roadcrafter for commuting on my RT for a few years before I retired (easy on/off over business clothes)- about a 20 min run each way- and it never leaked. I prefer 2 piece for long runs so I've never used it in an all day frog choker but it never leaked in commuting use. But that's pretty light duty compared to being tossed around on off road excursions for a bunch of years- it got hung in my air conditioned office or my bedroom closet when not in use, not draped for many hours in the sun over the bars of the bike as happens to gear used on tours.