Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: I watched The Youtube Video of the NY Motorcycle Gang

Quote Originally Posted by SteveAikens View Post

1) called 911 and NEVER hung up.
    2) I would never have exited the freeway he was on.
    This freeway runs out at the bottom of Manhattan. I think he was hoping to get to an open, public place but got stuck in traffic when the mob swarmed.

You can bet that there will be lawsuits against most of the participants including the entire NYPD.

NYC and Conceal/Carry in the same sentence? hmm.

+1 on the not hanging up.

Quote Originally Posted by arthurdent View Post
    This freeway runs out at the bottom of Manhattan. I think he was hoping to get to an open, public place but got stuck in traffic when the mob swarmed.

You can bet that there will be lawsuits against most of the participants including the entire NYPD.

NYC and Conceal/Carry in the same sentence? hmm.

+1 on the not hanging up.
    Not in NYC. Only celebs and wealthy need apply. If that happened, in lets say Texas or Arizona, the results may have been different.
    My Motorrad
    BMWMOA 162849 | BMWRA 41335 | VROC 8109-R | VBA 19

Quote Originally Posted by gpw1200 View Post
    Hindsight is 20/20. This guy didn't know he'd be surrounded by these bikers. Looked to me that the first guy that got hit just released his throttle completely and hit the Range Rover. The bikers should have taken down his licence and called the cops.
    The worst thing to do is confront someone in this wacky world full of angry people. It's difficult to walk away, but you're more likely to live.
    Just ask Trayvon Martin.
    Well said. We all experience some idiot that cuts us off or honks at us for driving within the legal speed limit etc.
    The last thing I ever do is respond, you never know the mental condition of said idiot.
    The reason I brought up, "concealed weapons permit", is because my wife asked me. What would I do?
    As one of the members on this thread already said, if the mob stops you, opens your door and begins to pull you out I would agree it is time to protect and defend my life and my family with deadly force.
    The "motorcyclist", to be fair, who stopped or slowed and caused the SUV to collide with him is where it all started in my opinion. That is the spark that caused the fire. I wonder if his new attorney, oh what is her name Julia Allred or something, you know the ambulance chaser that gets in the middle of these things, I wonder if she will make any money out of the deal.
    I really feel bad for this family, they were completely innocent IMHO.
    Jeff Anderson
    I ride a 2008 R1200RT

The news stories are all about scary bikers threatening ordinary folks in cars with bodily harm.

It's ironic, because we all know the reality: two thirds of all motorcycle/car accidents are caused by the car drivers. Motorcyclists, as a rule, are not a threat to motorists, it is by far the other way around.

It's dangerous to perpetuate the myth that motorcyclists are the threat.

Harry
    2003 R1150RT - Silver

"NYC and Conceal/Carry in the same sentence? hmm."

Quote Originally Posted by ponch1 View Post
    Not in NYC. Only celebs and wealthy need apply.
    A city of millions with no illegal guns? Who are you kidding. Think these knuckleheads are angels?
    Anyone in NYC is as likely as not to be packing. The "law" means nothing. Or less.

I agree that no conclusive observations can be gleaned from the video. We'll never know if a prior incident preceded the vehicle striking the first bike. I have heard, however, that crowds of people riding similar bikes habitually ride slowly, blocking all lanes, in other states and places... Maybe it's a "trend", but nothing can justify this type of activity.

The whole thing is tragic, and that's about all one can really get out of any of this.
    Be The Change You Want To See In The World

7 videos

Lee Hilsabeck
    2005 K1200LT
    2000 KLR650

Quote Originally Posted by bmwrider88 View Post
    "NYC and Conceal/Carry in the same sentence? hmm."

A city of millions with no illegal guns? Who are you kidding. Think these knuckleheads are angels?
    Anyone in NYC is as likely as not to be packing. The "law" means nothing. Or less.

I agree that no conclusive observations can be gleaned from the video. We'll never know if a prior incident preceded the vehicle striking the first bike. I have heard, however, that crowds of people riding similar bikes habitually ride slowly, blocking all lanes, in other states and places... Maybe it's a "trend", but nothing can justify this type of activity.

The whole thing is tragic, and that's about all one can really get out of any of this.
    We are talking about legal carry. At least that was my inference.
    My Motorrad

Quote Originally Posted by AKsuited View Post
    The news stories are all about scary bikers threatening ordinary folks in cars with bodily harm.

It's ironic, because we all know the reality: two thirds of all motorcycle/car accidents are caused by the car drivers. Motorcyclists, as a rule, are not a threat to motorists, it is by far the other way around.

Harry
    It wasn't a myth that day and from what I have read and heard, these squid mobs are becoming more commonplace.
    My Motorrad

Quote Originally Posted by AKsuited View Post

Harry
    It is also dangerous to support the riders just because they were on a motorcycle.
    I used to post here, but now I don't.

what "The Wild One", did for motorcycling in 1954, these new aberrations are likely to continue in the public mind in 2013. I too can't believe there so few NYPD, zero when watching those vids, in NYC. Lived there for a decade and remember cruisers around every corner. Back to Hollister.

From a report on CBS News

"Police arrested two of the alleged assailants over the weekend, and more arrests could be on the way. Police say the man seen pulling the Range Rover's door open is 35-year-old Robert Sims, of Brooklyn. And they say the man who later slammed his helmet against the driver's side window is Reginald Chance, 37, also from Brooklyn. Chance, CBS News has learned, already has 21 prior arrests on his record, including robbery and drug charges."

I'm sure there is more that will come out over the next few days as the investigation continues.
    I used to post here, but now I don't.

AMA statement about the incident:

http://www.capwiz.com/amacycle/issue...ertid=62958231
    Kurt -- Forum Administrator ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

Some additional perspective.

Who knows what really happened, all I know is that it wouldn't have gotten worse without a swarm of "riders" intimidating everyone else on the road.

http://video.bostonherald.com/EXCLUS...c&VID=25226249

Quote Originally Posted by 8ninety8 View Post
    what "The Wild One", did for motorcycling in 1954, these new aberrations are likely to continue in the public mind in 2013. I too can't believe there so few NYPD, zero when watching those vids, in NYC. Lived there for a decade and remember cruisers around every corner. Back to Hollister.
    They were all riding their stunt bikes that day.
    1978 R100rs MOA#22600 125cc Kymco
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.

In the first place the SUV driver was an idiot. He had a five thousand pound hammer in his control and didn't use it. Had I been driving there in that vehicle there would have been motorcycle paste all over the road. I also carry concealed but a five shot 38 is nothing compared to a massive steel vehicle.
    Marty - in the western Oregon mountains.'06RT, (gone '04RT, '86 Venture Royal, '81 Yamaha Virago920, '82Suzuki GS1100GK, '76 Suzuki GT750, Triumph 750 Bonneville, BSA Road Rocket 650, 61" Harley knucklehead)