Thread: Flea Market

Flea Market

I have been patient. Can someone please explain what is happening with the Flea Market? If I want to sort airheads from oldest to newest I get all kinds of parts, accessories and even other brand bikes with a occasional airhead. Is the Flea Market software considered finished and complete?
    -pp Long Distance Motorcycle Adventurer
    '00 GS w/ >165K miles; '07 RT w/ >140K miles

LD blog: www.ppldma.com

The Flea Market is a separate animal from the forum...different software. I've not looked much at it but have seen some issues along those lines. The best that I can say is to call the office on Monday after say 9am central and ask for Jeff.
    Kurt -- Forum Administrator ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

The problem doesn't lie with the flea market as much as it lies with the people who put in the ads. If they don't fill out the form correctly then any sort function (i.e. by model or date) will not function correctly.
    The flea market is just a big database and like any database it's a case of garbage in, garbage out.
    Paul Mulhern
    MOA# 56330
    '05 1200GS Big Blue

Paul -

It's really busted...I've mentioned this to the office. If you go to the FM and click on the link for Airheads, you get 90 listings. Then if you try and further sort that by clicking on Lastest Listing, you no longer get just Airheads but you get 463 records...huh?? The first item on the list is a K1100LT.
    Kurt -- Forum Administrator ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

Busted Flea Market

WOW! someone heard me!! Thank you Kurt, Administrator. Very much appreciated and while I understand GI-GO, the previous iteration of the Flea Market worked very well: look for Airheads, sort by highest price, lowest price, oldest et al. Sometimes, I believe, someone did purposely "misdirect" their ad but on the whole it worked.
    Way off, way different now.
    -pp Long Distance Motorcycle Adventurer
    '00 GS w/ >165K miles; '07 RT w/ >140K miles

LD blog: www.ppldma.com