Thread: Just took delivery of 2013 GSA 1200

Just took delivery of 2013 GSA 1200

After a year of indecision I finally pulled the trigger and bought my first BMW . I cant wait to get some miles under my belt and really start enjoying the bike. I live in FL. so I am hoping to get alot of riding time in. First time posting on MOA board and I think it is absolutely great to get first hand info. on BMW bikes and what to expect.BMW GSA.jpgBMW GSA.jpg

I expect you to have a lot of fun...Welcome to the forum.
    Gary
    "Well they say.. time loves a hero but only time will tell.. If he's real, he's a legend from heaven If he ain't he was sent here from hell" Lowell George
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200
    Part of the Forum Threadside Assistance Program

Halifax and Larry's River, Nova Scotia, Canada
    Welcome and ENJOY!! the ride. That is the exact bike that my wife Mary and I are scouting to buy. We have time and can be somewhat picky regarding a good used one (2012 in the idea but could drop to a good 2011). Again, have fun and do ride safe eh. And, let us know how you are liking the bike as you 'bond' a bit more. - Bob
    saltyfogriders@gmail.com
    Salty Fog Riders Motorcycle Tourism Promotions
    Larry's River, Nova Scotia, CANADA

Quote Originally Posted by jla658 View Post
    After a year of indecision I finally pulled the trigger and bought my first BMW . I cant wait to get some miles under my belt and really start enjoying the bike. I live in FL. so I am hoping to get alot of riding time in. First time posting on MOA board and I think it is absolutely great to get first hand info. on BMW bikes and what to expect.BMW GSA.jpgBMW GSA.jpg
    Super choice. If you see me on my old Airhead in and around Central Florida please wave.

Excellent!

Welcome to the forum! Please give us an intro in the new members section if you haven't already.

Also, check out the GS Giants link below!

Welcome to the GSA club, jla658. Good choice on color too!
    14 R1200GSA, 93 R100R. No car is as fun to drive as any motorcycle is to ride.

Welcome to the forum, BMW motorrad ownership and congratulations on the new bike!

That is one nice machine!
    2012 R1200RT - Fluid Grey Metallic

Great choice! I've got the same GSA...even the color. I bought mine the last day of March 2012 and now have 22k miles. For comfort on long trips I added Kaoka throttle lock, 2" Rox risers and will be getting a Sargent seat for Christmas. Hope you enjoy yours as much as I do!

Dave

Greetings.
    Hope you enjoy your new bike!
    Be safe out there.
    Be The Change You Want To See In The World

New guy on a beemer. Enjoy the experience. My brand new RT is 5 years old.
    Welcome!
    Jeff Anderson
    I ride a 2008 R1200RT

North Coast, Ohio

Gsa

I have a 2012 same color. Enjoy the ride and let us know what you think about the seat. I am a big guy and had to replace it with a RDL. The bike just loves to crunch miles, have fun!

Next challenge is to schedule vacation time the third week of July in order to attend the rally in Minnesota! You can't do one without the other....
    Seriously, congrats on moving to the beemer. I went through 4 other models before buying my first Kbike, and now I'm on my second beemer with my F700. Always said I would move around manufactures until I'd tried one from all the major manufacturers, but ended up doing a double with BMW. Probably stay with the brand for the foreseeable future!