Thread: textile jacket repair

textile jacket repair

Does anyone know of e a place I can send my Commuter3 jacket to get repaired after suffering a visit with the tarmac?

You might try looking around your neighborhood for a tailor or someone who does alterations. Not many people want to tackle that kind of thing and the only mfg's I know that will fix their product post crash is Aerostich and Vanson. I think Motorport might, but I'm not sure.
    Too damn many bikes to list

My son's jacket and pants got the worse end of a crash on Memorial Day. The only place we could find that would even attempt a repair was a shoe repair place. The guy sewed patches over the road rash areas and repaired the stitching in others.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Check with Rainy Pass Repair in Seattle. They're the "official" BMW warranty repair facility.
    '14 R1200GS,
    Priors: '13 K1600GT, '08 R1200RT, '04 R1150RT, '05 R1200GS, '73 R75/5.

Yeah, Rainy Pass was mentioned to me when my Rev'IT pants got melted from my muffler. I didn't send them away, because I found a lunch box with the same type of material.

Part of the issue is that std sewing machines aren't real good at handling the thick stuff bike gear is made of- takes equipment made for it. A shoe repair place obviously has sewing gear that easily handles any fabric but your neighborhood tailor may not or may not want to use his equipment on such stuff.

You might also check with local EMT's, fire or law enforcement people. They may have heavy duty clothing to which they have added reflective tape or needed repairs.
    Dan

many thanks

many thanks to all who posted suggestions

Not motorcycle gear, but I had excellent results when I took my sailing "foulies" to a local awning shop; heavy duty sewing machines is the ticket. If there is a sail repair shop near you try them. An upholstery shop might be worth a call as well.

edit - just did a google search; try the West Marine store @ 1850 E Ridge Rd, Ste 12, Rochester, NY. They'll know who can help you out locally.
    "It is what you discover, after you know it all, that counts." _ John Wooden

Lew Morris
    1973 R75/5 - original owner