Thread: LF: BMW Accessory Switch Part Number

LF: BMW Accessory Switch Part Number

I'm hoping someone has the part number for the BMW accessory switch that mounted atop the handlebar clamps.

I remember seeing those. They were rectangular and would house two rocker switches.

If you have a pic as well, please post.

Also looking for any other options for a handlebar mounted switch.

Thanks!
    Last edited by GlobalRider; 09-28-2013 at 02:59 AM.

Part number should be 61 31 1 243 454. It's a 3-wire, two sided rocker, one side momentary contact only. No 7 here:

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...71&hg=32&fg=71

Previous thread here:

http://www.bmwmoa.org/forum/showthre...ssory-Switches
    Kurt -- Forum Administrator ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

Thanks, I came across that switch (#2) which is used for the heated grips, in the BMW parts catalog.

I'm looking for the one that is similar to the one used on the older (maybe even newer) F 650 singles. The one that mounts atop the handlebar hold-down caps. Bolt spacing would matter so the F bike part may or may not fit. They had one just like that one for the airhead R bikes. It may have come off another model and not the GS.

Like #3...

If you can't find exactly the right part, maybe you could adapt from the K75S items -
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by GlobalRider View Post
    I'm hoping someone has the part number for the BMW accessory switch that mounted atop the handlebar clamps.

I remember seeing those. They were rectangular and would house two rocker switches.
    So, you're looking for a switch that will hold two switches? That's what you've written.

For the big Airheads, the "dashboard" that clips onto the center of the handlebar will do that. For the '85-on models, the thing screws to the top clamp rather than clip to the handlebar.

Would help if you'd indicate which Airhead you have.
    Kent Christensen
    '12 R1200RT, '02 R1100S, '84 R80G/S

Quote Originally Posted by lkchris View Post
    Would help if you'd indicate which Airhead you have.
    1990 BMW R100 GS. The switch was never offered on that model but owners did install them. It came from another model (R or K) and fit perfectly.

I'm familiar with the "pad" that covers the top yoke and houses a couple of switches. My R65 had something similar.

The BMW parts diagrams aren't the greatest, so I wasn't sure about the line drawing above, if it was what I was looking for or not.

So I went to Google images and checked the F650 GS accessory switch...looks like what I am after IF the bolt hole spacing is correct.
    Attached Images Attached Images