Thread: Who wants a truckload of K-Bikes??

Who wants a truckload of K-Bikes??

Buy 'em bulk and save big! (obviously, this is NOT my listing nor do I have anything to do with it!)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Bmw-k...item41770d3f68
    Mike Davis
    "Old n Slow" It's a way of life!
    1985 K100RT

1998 R1100RT

If I could, in a heartbeat.

I would go for it, I just don't have the cash that fast. Interested? PM me. This is a gold mine. I got the shop and the space and the ability.
    1997 R1100RT (Restored Basket Case) , 1981 KZ 440 LTD (Restored Basket Case)
    1986 K75S(the beutch), 1993 K1100RS (blown engine), 1997 Chev Short Box (4x4 with an LT1)
    "Life isn't about how fast or how high, it's about how well you bounce."

Day Dreaming ... happy wanderer's Avatar
    Look a little closer. The parts hacking looks to be well underway. Windshields, seats... what else is already gone I wonder? And most with dead fuel pumps. These are 1996 vintage cop bikes. Pretty tough to sell a used authorities bike in the best of times.

Run away!!!
    MJM - BeeCeeBeemers Motorcycle Club Vancouver B.C.
    '81 R80G/S, '82 R100RS, '00 R1100RT

At about $500 per bike with shipping, it is a dismantlers dream. Even if you only took a few of them back to running status it would be a win.

Quote Originally Posted by happy wanderer View Post
    And most with dead fuel pumps. These are 1996 vintage cop bikes. Pretty tough to sell a used authorities bike in the best of times.

Run away!!!
    Agreed, limited market for these bikes. They have not had the easiest life and most buyers are aware of that.
    '
    Ufda happens..........

It's all about the details.

Dale Rudolph
    I would be interested in this, if it wasn't for the fact that "Most of the fuel pumps ar brooken".

I could probably find how to afford to buy the bikes. Shipping would add to that, but Oh well!

But the new shop building I'd have to build to hold them, combine them, make a few good ones and part the rest - that building I can't afford.

But a new huge shop would be nice. Oh well. I pass!
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://www.bigbend.net/users/glaves

And no one's mentioned that getting complete-looking (even if non-running) bikes through US Customs is not trivial: these machines weren't built to US DOT/EPA standards, and we know that neither BMW AG nor BMWNA will confirm the bikes meet those requirements.
    David Brick
    Santa Cruz CA
    2007 R1200R

Quote Originally Posted by dbrick View Post
    And no one's mentioned that getting complete-looking (even if non-running) bikes through US Customs is not trivial: these machines weren't built to US DOT/EPA standards, and we know that neither BMW AG nor BMWNA will confirm the bikes meet those requirements.

I thought about that myself. One might not be so bad...[personal purchase] but a bunch of them ? the fed might think dealer? Not sure what can-o-worms that might open?

To bad we couldn't do a group purchase...each guy take one. But then again...that could be a ?? in itself.

And as mentioned they are after all 17 year old police bikes. Having maintained those for years , I know first hand just how badly they [can] be treated.