Thread: Request for Pictures - Tire Rim Profiles

Hybrid View

Request for Pictures - Tire Rim Profiles

I'd like for people to take really good pictures of their rims when there's an opportunity say at the next tire change...or if they have a bare rim sitting around. I'm really interested to see the profile shapes of the Snowflake rim versus the spoke rim of the day. I can't say as I've ever seen a Snowflake rim in person...all I have are the stock spokes on my /7. I know there are more rims types out there...Lester's, the Y-spokes mags, etc. Might be a good idea to have good shots of all of these...could be interesting!
    Kurt -- Forum Administrator ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

Quote Originally Posted by 20774 View Post
    I'd like for people to take really good pictures of their rims when there's an opportunity say at the next tire change...or if they have a bare rim sitting around. I'm really interested to see the profile shapes of the Snowflake rim versus the spoke rim of the day. I can't say as I've ever seen a Snowflake rim in person...all I have are the stock spokes on my /7. I know there are more rims types out there...Lester's, the Y-spokes mags, etc. Might be a good idea to have good shots of all of these...could be interesting!
    Here are a couple of pics of my 19" front snowflake.

If I did it correctly, you should get 3 pics in medium resolution for better clarity.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Jimmy -

I'm really interested in the bead area, the flat spots on either side of the drop center...in the first picture it's pretty fuzzy. Also, if you had a small flat surface you could put across the bead area, it would help emphasize the slope that is supposed to be there...it should be a 5 degree up slope.
    Kurt -- Forum Administrator ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

Jimmy -

I'm really interested in the bead area, the flat spots on either side of the drop center...in the first picture it's pretty fuzzy. Also, if you had a small flat surface you could put across the bead area, it would help emphasize the slope that is supposed to be there...it should be a 5 degree up slope.
    I have a pretty good camera, and I had a hard time getting it to auto-focus on that "edge".

I will try again, and do a manual focus - taking various shots, and then upload the best one!

..in the first picture it's pretty fuzzy.
    I think it's the "busy" background that is fouling up the view in the first picture Kurt.
    OM
    "Well they say.. time loves a hero but only time will tell.. If he's real, he's a legend from heaven If he ain't he was sent here from hell" Lowell George
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200
    Part of the Forum Threadside Assistance Program

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Man View Post
    I think it's the "busy" background that is fouling up the view in the first picture Kurt.
    OM
    I had a hard time getting the wall to stand still!

Try these.

I decided to focus in on just one side, then the other since the sides are symmetrical.

I also put up a straightedge and a machinist's scale so you can make some judgement as to size. I also inserted a black background.
    Attached Images Attached Images