Thread: Add Stebel Horn - '03 K1200RS

Add Stebel Horn - '03 K1200RS

I'm looking for a way to mount a Stebel horn without having to go to a machine shop to build a bracket. The wiring's not an issue, I already have a relay for the current "louder than stock" two-tone Fiamm horns. It's mounting the Stebel that's holding me back. FWIW, there's one in our '90 VW Vanagon and... heh, heh, heh... I look for excuses to use it.
    Don't let your bike go anywhere your brain hasn't already been five seconds ago...

I had a Stebel on my last bike and only tried to use is when absolutely necessary, as I discovered that it tended to scare the offending party more into doing something more stupid, than what they were already doing...... However; when put to the test, it did the job....Hee, Hee

Different bike (2000 R1100RT), but perhaps it'll provide mounting ideas.

Mine is zip-tied to the left fork leg. The compressor is bolted to what appears to be a stud coming from the frame around the steering head area.

FWIW, I don't care for the horn, which came with the bike. The half-second delay as the compressor spins up is precisely when I most want it to work.
    2000 R1100RT / 1987 K75C (RIP) / Santa Clarita, CA

Here's a photo.

Stebel.jpg
    2000 R1100RT / 1987 K75C (RIP) / Santa Clarita, CA

I like it! TNX
    Don't let your bike go anywhere your brain hasn't already been five seconds ago...