Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Best Aftermarket Tire Pressure Monitor?

I have the monitor system mounted and initialized. Here is a shot of my mounting on an R1150RT:

Name:  Img_0677c.jpg
Views: 199
Size:  35.2 KB

I rode it less than a quarter mile and it picked up my front and rear sensors. I had to set it to PSI rather than BAR, set my low and high pressure trigger values and the time. I stumbled through the settings step but finally got it. The directions are a bit cryptic. You can notice the outside temp display on the lower right. I need to change that to F. There is another display that shows only tire temperature but I haven't gotten there yet. The white dot top center is the LED warning light. I managed to light it up trying to set the pressure limit the first try.

The dashes show up where the pressures are, since the wheels were not turning when I took the picture it doesn't show. It picks it very quickly though.

Well that's my very short experience so far. I think I will like this and will post back periodically.

Thanks for the interest,
    Rod
    Last edited by rkildu; 02-25-2014 at 10:28 PM.

I have to post one correction, it turns out that the units of temperature , currently degrees C, cannot be changed. There is no menu option. I guess I have to start thinking metric there.

Rod

Update:

I took about a 50 mile test ride today, the snow finally melted. This thing is working great. It was interesting watching the tire pressure increase as the tires warmed up as well as being able to monitor actual tire temperature.

Rod

Latest TPMS fom Garmin. Kinda pricey tho. You have to buy the zumo 390. https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/prod131744.html.
    keep it light enough to travel.....
    2013 GL1800 Goldwing
    '81 Honda CB650 Custom