Thread: evaporative emission control system hose connections

aapasquale

evaporative emission control system hose connections

I recently took all the fiberglass panels off my 1994 r1100rs which I just purchased to have them repainted. Of course, in order to remove the gas tank, the fuel and evaporative emission control lines had to be diconnected from the charcoal canister. In my mad dash to the finish line I failed to mark how the evaporative emission lines are to be reconnected. I have looked all over creation for a diagram or explanation, but so far have only discovered that I should have marked them first. This is not helpful......does anyone have a clue about this? Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Tony

aapasquale

evaporative emission control system hose connections

I recently took all the fiberglass panels off my 1994 r1100rs which I just purchased to have them repainted. Of course, in order to remove the gas tank, the evaporative emission control lines had to be diconnected from the charcoal canister. In my mad dash to the finish line I failed to mark how the evaporative emission lines are to be reconnected. I have looked all over creation for a diagram or explanation, but so far have only discovered that I should have marked them first. This is not helpful......does anyone have a clue about this? Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Tony

Clicky

This is a removal procedure, however there is a diagram of the evap system that may be helpful.

There are two hoses: the water drain from the filler neck and the internal vent. You should test them by blowing into them, but normally the drain line has X-X-X markings. That one gets connected to the line going to ground, while the other goes to the canister.

When removing the tank, the easiest way to keep track of them (once you know they are right) is to leave one plastic connector on the tank and one on the bike.
    Anton Largiader 72724
    largiader.com bmwra.org

aapasquale
    thank you--I have a good idea what's to be done--the diagram was very helpful--Tony

The hose to the solenoid fits the center post. The solenoid is nearby. The other hose disappears so it can get to the fuel tank, and that's the side hose. If you have a "drain" hose it's to the nipple on the other end.
    Last edited by lkchris; 03-25-2012 at 11:52 PM.
    Kent Christensen
    '12 R1200RT, '02 R1100S, '84 R80G/S

Hi guys, I merged up the 2 posts. Good luck. OM
    "Well they say.. time loves a hero but only time will tell.. If he's real, he's a legend from heaven If he ain't he was sent here from hell" Lowell George
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200
    Part of the Forum Threadside Assistance Program

aapasquale

bingo!

thanks Kent
    that is exactly what I needed to know
    Tony

Helpful, But

Could someone please post some photos of the exact routing from the solenoid purge valve back to the throttle bodies?
    My whole system has been removed and I want to route the hoses, the Tee correctly as original.
    Thanks, Ibjman

Here you go. You can see that the canister hose runs outside the frame rail.

canister1.jpg

The hose enters from the right and goes to the T behind the throttle body.

This is on an 1150 but it's a better example than the 1100 I had available.

canister2.jpg
    Anton Largiader 72724
    largiader.com bmwra.org