Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Change Rally to September timeframe

Quote Originally Posted by cbmw1150
    It will be the RA for me, even in the wet.
    See ya in TN?

PWFYRCAT1

Question RA Event?

What is this RA Event that you speak of?
    thx

Quote Originally Posted by Pwfyrcat1
    What is this RA Event that you speak of?
    thx
    http://www.bmwra.org/rally/
    --Darryl Richman, forum liaison
    http://darryl.crafty-fox.com

PWFYRCAT1

thx

thx guy

NE Arkansas - Between Goobertown and Buck Snort

I'd forfeit some beer to get a different date

It's pretty obvious that no month is just right for everyone, so it seems logical that the choice of rally dates should be based on what works for the largest percentage members.
    Parents with childcare issues notwithstanding, moving the rally to a more temperate month - like May or September - opens up a much wider selection of venues across the country at a time when the summer tourists are off the roads and not clogging up the lodging.
    Even though my July 14 birthday is alway close enough to the rally date to get me a free beer or two from friends, I favor ending this unfortunate attachment to mid-July for the 'MOA rally.

Buzzed and Belligerent gambrinus's Avatar

Rally Tally

I'd be in favor of just putting it to a vote...

I agree that going with a more Fall / Spring date would open things up to the possiblilty of visiting places that are just too hot in July.

RW

Original 1973 LWB R75/5 TheSlashFiveTourer's Avatar

Take a vote, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by IndyGT
    . . .it seems logical that the choice of rally dates should be based on what works for the largest percentage members.
    . . .moving the rally to a more temperate month - like May or September - opens up a much wider selection of venues across the country at a time when the summer tourists are off the roads and not clogging up the lodging. . . .I favor ending this unfortunate attachment to mid-July for the 'MOA rally.
    WHAT HE SAID!!!

I'm an elderly teenager too and riding in July in 90+ temps with ATGATT, lumbago, arthritis, sciatica, nasal drip, hammer toe, double vision, furry tongue, gimpy knees and 4-speed shiftitis (the increasing inability to shift through the gears properly in rush-hour traffic) is all getting to be too much for my old frame.

Somebody. . . TAKE A POLL!
    ~ ~ ~ /5 Express
    Have Train? - Will Travel!

Quote Originally Posted by gambrinus
    I'd be in favor of just putting it to a vote...
    I believe it's been tried before. With surveys and such. But the return is quite low. Hard to tell if those that don't respond don't care about rallies at all or just want things to stay the same.

Unregistered
    RA in TN sounds like a winner. With my luck it will snow.
    Jim

R90S

Rally Site and timing

How about if we had the rally at a place that was at a higher elevation? Such places are cooler no matter the season. They also tend to have interesting approach roads and scenery. Add in the mix a resort location and you'd have a real winner.

Jon-Lars
    Beverly, WA
    Attached Images Attached Images

Club President Emeritus chrishea's Avatar

Rally Timeframe

Any MOA member is welcome to find a rally site, propose the rally date and present it to the MOA Rally Committee. Please do that rather than complain about the rally, the location of the rally or the dates of the rally. Many people work hard on these rallies and just another complaint is unfair to them. Be thankful there's a rally at all.
    Chris

Slowpoke & Proud of It! BRADFORDBENN's Avatar

There are lots of other rallies also to consider

Don't forget there are other rallies to attend as well, not just the National for the RA and MOA, but there are also lots of others listed in ON and ONline...

http://www.bmwmoa.org/happenings/whereandwhen.htm
    -=Brad

It isn't what you ride, it is if you ride

Quote Originally Posted by chrishea
    Any MOA member is welcome to find a rally site, propose the rally date and present it to the MOA Rally Committee. Please do that rather than complain about the rally, the location of the rally or the dates of the rally. Many people work hard on these rallies and just another complaint is unfair to them. Be thankful there's a rally at all.
    Stepping up onto my soapbox - I dislike when folks take this attitude. I look at rallies as a vacation. I choose the vacation (rally) I desire more and go. When I am asked why I didn't choose or don't return to a particular rally I give an honest response. It's not criticism, it's feedback.

ABC,AMA(LIFE),MOA,RA,IBMW MANICMECHANIC's Avatar
    Do I hear somebody, anybody, volunteering to assist in this endeavor?
    F.O.G.Rider, Rounder #6,
    Ambassador, Biergarten co-chair
    BMWRA Wisconsin Region Rep, camping chair

Rally time

GREAT JOB SUE, and ALL COMMITTEE MEMBERS AND VOLUNTEERS

I agree with the Manic Mechanic, it is hard enough to get people to volunteer for rally duty, with the rally attendance of over 8000 something really did work at this one even with the weather. Myself, wife and daughter had a great time.