Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Good News, all problem with leaking seals on my 2005 r1200gs finally solved forever.

Dixie, the land of cotton

Glad to hear your leak is getting repaired.

Yea, I have seen my bike broken in half 8 times on my 2005 r1200gs, not a pretty sight. I have had 8 counterbalance seals replaced, six engine out put seals, 3 transmission input and 2 transmission output seals replaced. Along with the 3 clutch slave cylinders, the counterbalance itself and the front counterbalance bearing. All replaced under the 3 year factory warranty or the 2 year parts and labor warranty. You will probably not have any more leaks but keep an eye open for the tale tell oily line where the transmission and engine bolt together.

Enjoy the bike, it is a great bike.

Quote Originally Posted by espressoforyou View Post
    Yea, I have seen my bike broken in half 8 times on my 2005 r1200gs, not a pretty sight. I have had 8 counterbalance seals replaced, six engine out put seals, 3 transmission input and 2 transmission output seals replaced. Along with the 3 clutch slave cylinders, the counterbalance itself and the front counterbalance bearing. All replaced under the 3 year factory warranty or the 2 year parts and labor warranty. You will probably not have any more leaks but keep an eye open for the tale tell oily line where the transmission and engine bolt together.

Enjoy the bike, it is a great bike.
    Darn Espresso,

You're not encouraging me. Yours does sound like an extreme situation. I'll definitely be keeping an eye on this for quite a while. This leak was so slow that it went unnoticed for the first couple of months of ownership. They've had the bike for two weeks now. It's a small shop and while I have no complaints about how they treat me, they do seem to be giving preferential treatment to paying customers. I can understand that to a point except that I'm a paying customer too. I bought the darned bike from them. At this point, the problem is that the mechanic damaged one of the control cables on the exhaust butterfly valve and they had to order a replacement. That part hasn't arrived yet so I, and they, are stuck for the time being. They're paperwork says it's been shipped and they "say" they're expecting it any time. I'm really hoping to get the bike by the end of this week sometime. We'll see.

Oh, and I do "really" like the bike. I had no idea what I had been missing. I'm just really ready to get back on it.

Ride Safe,
    Steve R.
    Last edited by srhodes13; 10-04-2013 at 02:38 AM.
    2013 R1200RT

Dixie, the land of cotton

Great bike and you will love it especially went your leak is fixed.

Ask them for a demo bike while yours is in the shop.

Would not have thought of that. Don't know if they offer that or not but it can't hurt to ask.

Thanks!
    2013 R1200RT