Thread: BMW Motorcycles Navigator Adventure GPS

BMW Motorcycles Navigator Adventure GPS

Does anyone know the name of the Garmin branded GPS that corresponds to the BMW Motorcycles Navigator Adventure GPS?

Thanks,
    Dave

'06 Triumph Scrambler (Trans-Labrador veteran)

Ed Kilner #176066
    It will a Garmin Zumo of some model. Features may vary, so look at the Zumo models carefully.
    Ed
    2011 R1200RT Thunder Gray Metallic; 2000 Triumph 900(sold)
    http://triumphantsblog.blogspot.ca/

Quote Originally Posted by BMW Triumphant View Post
    It will a Garmin Zumo of some model. Features may vary, so look at the Zumo models carefully.
    From having read the online Garmin catalogue, it's not a Zumo, hence my question. It appears to be one of the Montana models, but I was looking to see if someone knew which one.
    Dave

The Navigator IV is roughly a Zumo 660 with special firmware. That is probably what people are thinking of

The Navigator Adventure appears to be a Garmin Montana 600 with special firmware (and dealer locations )

The BMW nav adv is most like the Garmin Montana series

Yes, it is a Montana.
    Eventual Master of the Obvious
    SE Mass - SOHC4 - DoD - BMWMOA - EMOTO #1
    ...proud walking jingle in the midnight sun...
    Free Smugmug Discount Coupon: mStnWv71mNkjo

Does anyone know which Garmin unit the new Navigator V is based upon?
    2014 R1200GS Adventure

Quote Originally Posted by kurt1305 View Post
    Does anyone know which Garmin unit the new Navigator V is based upon?
    So far, there is no corresponding Garmin unit on the market. Rumor has it (from people who claim to know, but I cannot confirm) that part of the spiel at the unveiling of the new unit was that it will remain a BMW exclusive and that there will be no identical Garmin unit. Personally, I find it hard to imagine that Garmin would agree to such a thing. Perhaps (my speculation, based on nothing) such an agreement for exclusivity has a time limit and when it expires, Garmin will release a similar unit. Again, that is me guessing.

This evening I ordered a Montana with maps and mounts. My seven year old GPSMap60CX started acting flaky over the past few days, so I figured it was time to take the plunge.

I have no desire for music, phone or any other peripherals. What I wanted was a replacement for the 60CX, a highly customizable top-notch navigational tool. The Zumo series has no appeal as they are very basic in terms of navigational features with no real latitude for customization of the interface.

With the accessories, the price came in somewhat less than the new Zumos. A comprehensive outline of the Montana's features is here: http://garminmontanagpsr.wikispaces.com/ I know there are a lot of dedicated 60xx users, so this may be the next logical generation.

The 2014 maps are backordered, so it will give me a couple of weeks to familiarize myself with it before putting it to use.
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by 32232 View Post
    This evening I ordered a Montana with maps and mounts. My seven year old GPSMap60CX started acting flaky over the past few days, so I figured it was time to take the plunge.

I have no desire for music, phone or any other peripherals. What I wanted was a replacement for the 60CX, a highly customizable top-notch navigational tool. The Zumo series has no appeal as they are very basic in terms of navigational features with no real latitude for customization of the interface.

With the accessories, the price came in somewhat less than the new Zumos. A comprehensive outline of the Montana's features is here: http://garminmontanagpsr.wikispaces.com/ I know there are a lot of dedicated 60xx users, so this may be the next logical generation.

The 2014 maps are backordered, so it will give me a couple of weeks to familiarize myself with it before putting it to use.
    I happen to have a Montana and it is a very nice unit. I think you will like it. Takes a bit of time to get set up to suit your needs, if you want to customize, but the fact that you can is really good. Be sure to make back-ups!