Results 1 to 15 of 16

Thread: 2012 R1200RT aftermarket exhaust questions

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Registered User CaptRehkopf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Memphis, TN
    Posts
    300

    Question 2012 R1200RT aftermarket exhaust questions

    I am just starting the hunt for an aftermarket exhaust, any help or suggestions would be appreciated. I do not want an exhaust that requires any modifications to the engine or it's management system.
    Ride Safe,
    Robert
    Ride Safe,
    Robert Rehkopf

  2. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Wilmington, NC
    Posts
    2,119
    What exactly do you want to accomplish?

    A muffler change can alter sound but will not add any power change worth the cost. That takes programming and or metal work. What type of sound are you hunting?

  3. #3
    Registered User CaptRehkopf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Memphis, TN
    Posts
    300
    Quote Originally Posted by racer7 View Post
    What exactly do you want to accomplish?

    A muffler change can alter sound but will not add any power change worth the cost. That takes programming and or metal work. What type of sound are you hunting?
    I have Staintune on my other bike, but don't think I can afford that system right now. The problem is, as some as said, when I throttle up it sounds like a fart!
    Ride Safe,
    Robert
    Ride Safe,
    Robert Rehkopf

  4. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Walnut Creek, CA
    Posts
    53
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptRehkopf View Post
    I have Staintune on my other bike, but don't think I can afford that system right now. The problem is, as some as said, when I throttle up it sounds like a fart!
    Ride Safe,
    Robert
    Make sure your throttle bodies are synced up. If they are not, you'll be amazed at the difference when you have it done.
    2007 R1200RT-P

  5. #5
    God? What god? roborider's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    2,061
    Twins are farty. Ever heard an RC-51 coming down the track with a bunch of inline fours? Sounds like it is preparing for a colonoscopy.
    Rob C. , Raleigh, NC
    '10 R12RT, R90/6
    2007 CBR600RR & 09 V-Star
    Suzuki DR 350

  6. #6
    Registered User oldspice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    26
    Why do you think BMW designated our bikes as the R1200faRT?
    "Looks like I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue..."
    Current ride: 2012 R1200RT
    MOA #175432
    BMW RA #41108

  7. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    1,221
    Quote Originally Posted by roborider View Post
    Twins are farty. Ever heard an RC-51 coming down the track with a bunch of inline fours? Sounds like it is preparing for a colonoscopy.
    Hey, when you have expelled gas, what do you expect?
    '14 RT gone - '15 RT coming - '13 RT filling the interval
    MOA #46783

  8. #8
    Small road corner junkie pffog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    WNY, Further fron NYC, than 6 entire states!
    Posts
    2,089
    Quote Originally Posted by roborider View Post
    SOMETwins are farty. Ever heard an RC-51 coming down the track with a bunch of inline fours? Sounds like it is preparing for a colonoscopy.
    Fixed it, Ducati's are pure music, especially the air cooled 2 valve motors.
    2010 F800GS Full Ohlins package, '04 R1100S Replika
    '01 F650GS Wife's bike
    Maritime Alps and Vosges 2012
    Tuscany and Central Italy 2010

  9. #9
    Registered User BMW_Ken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Kingsport, TN
    Posts
    92
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptRehkopf View Post
    I am just starting the hunt for an aftermarket exhaust, any help or suggestions would be appreciated. I do not want an exhaust that requires any modifications to the engine or it's management system.
    Ride Safe,
    Robert
    I have the Akrapovic slip-on on my 2011 and really like it.
    Ken Martin
    2011 R1200RT
    Kingsport, TN

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •