Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Value of replacing most of the brake fluid in a 2004 RT?

Quote Originally Posted by jammess View Post
    You know it sounds like maybe your shop is treating your 1150 like an older and simpler 1100 with ABS. On my '94 R1100RSL it is not necessary to remove the tank and directly bleed the ABS modulator just bleed and flush the brakes by using only the front and rear wheel bleeders. Needless to say I like the ABS on my '94 much more than the system that WAS on my '04 1150RT. Notice that I use the word "was" as a couple years ago the entire ABS system somehow just disappeared from my '04. Odds are I will regret having removed the ABS system from the '04 when I attempt to sell the big top heavy beast.
    Correct, but if you really want to get ALL the fluid changed, you must still remove the tank and pull some fluid thru both bleed nipples at the top of the ABS unit itself. (ABS II units)
    '
    Ufda happens..........

It's all about the details.

Quote Originally Posted by jammess View Post
    You know it sounds like maybe your shop is treating your 1150 like an older and simpler 1100 with ABS. On my '94 R1100RSL it is not necessary to remove the tank and directly bleed the ABS modulator just bleed and flush the brakes by using only the front and rear wheel bleeders.
    Correct, but if you really want to get ALL the fluid changed, you must still remove the tank and pull some fluid thru both bleed nipples at the top of the ABS unit itself. (ABS II units)
    '
    Ufda happens..........

It's all about the details.

Quote Originally Posted by GSAddict View Post
    I agree that it certainly doesn't hurt a thing to pull the tank, and on an RSL it is certainly easier than on an '04RT, and open the two modulator bleeders but since the fluid is common to the wheel circuits I think it is not necessary as you can do a complete system flush without touching the two hidden bleeders. Now, I do bleed the hidden bleeders because I do get a few small air bubbles out this way and I do want to avoid the ABS warning lamps and doing a job twice. One thing I can't stand is having to do the same work over because I skipped over something. That really irritates big time.
    Jammess