Thread: What's Your Routine??

Hybrid View

No longer a member here

What's Your Routine??

I like dogs. We have two of them and they are part of the family. I make a real effort to better understand their behavior and their "language" (not the barking!!) One step is to realize that they are creatures of habit. Once they start or pick up something it quickly becomes part of a routine. I find myself in the same position:
    - I log on to the MOA forum
    - I stop and check the following sections - in that sequence - and see if there is something worth for me reading and/or responding to:

- Motorrad, because of general interest
    - Airheads, because I own one
    - Oilheads, because I own one
    - Flying Brick K bikes, because I own one
    - K1600, because I own one
    - Ride reports , always interested how the people fare who ride to Terra de Fuego, Siberia or Greenland
    - Just Riding, see how the rest of us are doing out there.
    - Regional Midwest, my location
    - Campfire , the last stop. Read a few jokes and check if I can add to Col Klinck's favorite word game, log out.
    Maybe I wag my tail during the whole process.....

I sign on and click "New Posts". I tend to key on the thread topic and not on which forum section the post is in. If it is a tech topic I sometimes look to see if the question or comment is a K bike, Oilhead, Airhead (etc.) thread but most often just look at the thread.
    Last edited by PGlaves; 09-06-2013 at 02:26 AM.
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://www.bigbend.net/users/glaves

Touring Rider
    I agree with Paul. I log in and go straight to the new posts. I get a little of everything this way.
    Gary
    Casa Grande, AZ
    2011 R1200RT

2012 R1200RT - Fluid Grey Metallic

Retired User
    I check "settings" first, to see if there is any activity in a thread where I've posted. Then head to "New Posts" to see what catches my attention.
    Bill Mayer
    MOA #98888
    R1200RT

I'm a creature of habit also

I usually sit down in my favorite chair with a hot cup of coffee around 6am and click on the forum and realize I can't see squat. I then remember I left my glasses in the bedroom, so I get up and go get them. When I get back to my chair and sit down, I remember I took my coffee in the bedroom, cause it ain't here now. So, I get up and go back in the bedroom and get my coffee, then go back to my chair. By then with all the exercise , I need to go the head. So, I get my coffee , glasses and last months moa mag and head for the head. Of course all this commotion wakes my wife up and by the time I get out of the head, she has already commandeered my computer and reading Ladies of the MOA. I usually then have to tell her some kind of lie in order for her to release the computer. After I get it back, I start at the top and read all the new threads and all the older ones that I have commented on. Mostly to see if anyone wants to fight or even better but not usual, to see if someone said something good about one of my post. I then try to poke fun at a few un-expecting souls for no particular reason other than to keep the dialog going. I am retired and I do have a routine.
    1978 R100rs MOA#22600 125cc Kymco
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.

Many similarities to our morning routine except Annie has her own iPad. We sit in different rooms and compete for bandwidth.
    Kevin Huddy
    Intrepid Incompetent
    Tm Pterodactyl MT Outpost

No longer a member here
    Quote Originally Posted by akbeemer View Post
    We sit in different rooms and compete for bandwidth.
    You must have AT&T. Listen to Bill Cowher and get Time Warner!!

Quote Originally Posted by EMSimon View Post
    You must have AT&T. Listen to Bill Cowher and get Time Warner!!
    If Time Warner (or anybody else) ever got near where I live I might think about it. But here, all TV (if you opt to get it) is satellite, nobody's cell phone has service, the only tunable radio station is NPR, and internet is either DSL from the phone company fiber optic cable or satellite.

Even Time Warner wouldn't get me past clicking on "new posts" though.
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://www.bigbend.net/users/glaves

advrider.com
    Quote Originally Posted by PGlaves View Post
    the only tunable radio station is NPR
    I come from the land of multiple stations so I can say with certainty, NPR is all you need. Much like television, the radio SUCKS.