Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: New Member From The Midwest

Ellen,
    I think I may have an extra oil filter wrench in my garage if you're interested. That's about all the service I know how to do but changing your own oil can save you some bucks.
    I'm just straight west of you in Oconomowoc.
    Sharon
    Sharon - WI Club
    1999 R1100R
    Really freakin' short 2007 F650GS
    2014 - Selling 92R100RT with EML sidecar and going to buy a 700GS Twin

ABC,AMA(LIFE),MOA,RA,IBMW MANICMECHANIC's Avatar
    Welcome to the madness we call the BMW family. If you need some help, Sharon knows where to find me. I'd be happy to show you around your bike, maybe get your hands just a little dirty while learning about it.
    F.O.G.Rider, Rounder #6,
    Ambassador, Biergarten co-chair
    BMWRA Wisconsin Region Rep, camping chair

Quote Originally Posted by WI Sharon View Post
    Ellen,
    I think I may have an extra oil filter wrench in my garage if you're interested. That's about all the service I know how to do but changing your own oil can save you some bucks.
    I'm just straight west of you in Oconomowoc.
    Sharon
    Hi Sharon,

Yep, I know where Oconomowoc is. I'm just 2 miles east of the Waukesha County line (just off of '894), and you're close to the Jefferson County Line side of the county. Thanks for the offer. I have about 2500 miles to go yet, before that ritual needs to be done. Hopefully I can get it in before it gets TOO COLD! It's supposed to hit the high 40s tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by MANICMECHANIC View Post
    Welcome to the madness we call the BMW family. If you need some help, Sharon knows where to find me. I'd be happy to show you around your bike, maybe get your hands just a little dirty while learning about it.
    Daddy showed his youngest daughter how to use tools (he was a maintenance man, and also occasionally helped my uncles with their cycles), but I'm never averse to help with servicing. Not all bikes are the same. I see you're in Manitowoc. Manitowoc is my hometown. I moved to my present location for a better job opportunity, several years ago. The rest of the family still lives up in your neck of the woods.