Thread: New Member From The Midwest

Hybrid View

New Member From The Midwest

Hi,

I live in the Milwaukee area, and I'm a returning (to the fold) rider. My last cycle required repairs that cost more than it was worth, so it got sold. Life intruded (didn't have enough money to buy a new motorcycle, or I had nowhere to garage it), and getting a motorcycle got put on the back burner. But, I always told myself that I'd get another one. I've always had an interest in BMWs, ever since I read about them (and saw the few go by that were in my neck of the woods) back in the 80s, when I was a teenage, and 20-something college student riding 250 dual purposes (all I could afford at the time). But they always seemed to be out of reach for me financially. Recently due to increases in my salary at work, the situation changed.

As a result, this past Saturday (yeah, at the height of the Harley 110 Anniversary Celebration! ), I bought a 2004 R1150R at the local BMW dealership! The bike was delivered yesterday after work ( I couldn't ride it home on Saturday, since I went to the dealership in my car), and I took it for an hour plus ride, to get used to how it handles. Today, I used my R1150R, for my commute to and from work (with a few back roads thrown in for the ride home). The bike ran and handled great. LOVE, the torquey engine. Wahoo! I haven't taken a photo of my machine yet, but I'll hopefully ppost one within the next few days.

'Later,
    Ellen

Which way to the snacks? sumwon's Avatar
    Welcome back Ellen!

I love riding in WI. I enjoy attending the Great River Road Rally (GR3) put on by the Madison BMW Club. Great roads and great people.

Enjoy and ride safe.

Thanks! I'm still not at 100% capability-wise, due to the long layoff from riding. But with time, I'll get there. I'd forgotten how cold 52 degrees can even be without gloves. That was the temperature this morning, and my hands were downright cold without gloves! Actually, I should get a pair for riding in general (not just when it's cold outside).

Welcome to the forum Ellen! Good move keeping the M/C lic Any questions just ask.
    Gary
    "Well they say.. time loves a hero but only time will tell.. If he's real, he's a legend from heaven If he ain't he was sent here from hell" Lowell George
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200
    Part of the Forum Threadside Assistance Program

Welcome

Always nice to see more women riders. I love my bike and ride when ever and where ever I can.
    Mary
    2007 R1200RT, gone
    2009 R1200RT

Welcome~

We always need more Midwestern members here.

Love riding in Wisconsin as I'm a cheesehead by birth.

Going to the Dells Rally this weekend to see some old friends and meet some new ones. Hope to meet you on the road somewhere.
    Ride Well, Ride Often, Ride to

Charter Member "High Town" crew.

The Midwest is fly over country which makes it awesome riding country. Ain't nobody on th roads.
    ------------------
    Sam Liles
    Candidate for BMWMOA BOD
    selil.com