Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Head light upgrade???

  1. #1
    Smoooooth at 430 gch71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Katy, Texas
    Posts
    176

    Head light upgrade???

    Any body out there done a conversion to a Xenon HID H4 Headlamp, if so was it easy? Is it worth it?? I'ts for a 74' /6...
    Ok... not to single you out Ikchris butttttt I agree with you on the rear disk brake system or lack there offff, however I am asking about the conversion and quality of the new lighting system, not an opinion about these old airheadsssss and their lack of modern quality, mind you some of us like old and simple things and like to tinker. so having said that..... opinions please about the conversion. I'm looking at it as a safety point of view.



    Hey Ikchris you know I am just having fun with ya.....
    thanks fellasss
    Glenn
    ...driving to work on my airhead
    '74 R60/6, '75 R60/6(boxes)

  2. #2
    Administrator 20774's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    13,196
    Glenn -

    Try searching the Airhead forum using the box at the upper right. Use the word "Xenon" in the box. The search feature has been rebuilt and now returns quite a few hits. HTH...
    Kurt -- Forum Administrator ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

  3. #3
    Smoooooth at 430 gch71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Katy, Texas
    Posts
    176
    Quote Originally Posted by 20774 View Post
    Glenn -

    Try searching the Airhead forum using the box at the upper right. Use the word "Xenon" in the box. The search feature has been rebuilt and now returns quite a few hits. HTH...
    Ooops, my spelling was and is not the best, sorry, got all the info I need. thank you sir. ....how to delete this thread....mmmmmmmm
    Glenn
    ...driving to work on my airhead
    '74 R60/6, '75 R60/6(boxes)

  4. #4
    Administrator 20774's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    13,196
    Glenn -

    If you've figured something out, it might be useful. If so, why not post it here for future use? That would be a good reason to not delete the thread.
    Kurt -- Forum Administrator ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    80
    Quote Originally Posted by 20774 View Post
    Glenn -

    If you've figured something out, it might be useful. If so, why not post it here for future use? That would be a good reason to not delete the thread.
    Yes, if you have found a quality way to do this, I would be interested. I would not be interested in a bulb retrofit because I find those to be blinding to oncoming vehicles. I have a 7 inch round HID projector on my R1150R's Hannigan fairing but am looking for something that will work in the BMW round lensholder and bucket on my R100S and R75/6.

  6. #6
    Smoooooth at 430 gch71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Katy, Texas
    Posts
    176
    Quote Originally Posted by beemerphile View Post
    Yes, if you have found a quality way to do this, I would be interested. I would not be interested in a bulb retrofit because I find those to be blinding to oncoming vehicles. I have a 7 inch round HID projector on my R1150R's Hannigan fairing but am looking for something that will work in the BMW round lensholder and bucket on my R100S and R75/6.
    Ok I'll do that. I have to put things on the back burner for a week or so, just found out and I'll be out for a few days on the other side of the world. But it looks like were in the same boat, I have a Don vesco fairing and it is also 7 inch. But you have given me some good info on the blinding effect. There is a lot of info out there and to be honest its going to take me a few to figure it out, thats usually the best outcome for me when dealing with these old machines. By the way how's that Hannigan working out? pretty good ride and comfort??
    Glenn
    ...driving to work on my airhead
    '74 R60/6, '75 R60/6(boxes)

  7. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Eastern KY
    Posts
    3,247
    In my thread posted in gear,r.e., HID Kits, there are some interesting links...
    "If I had my life to live over, I'd dare to make more mistakes next time...I'd relax,I'd limber up... I would take fewer things seriously...take more chances... take more trips...climb more mountains...swim more rivers...eat more ice cream." Jorge Luis Borges at age 85.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •