Thread: Excel cycle werks horn kit

Cool Excel cycle werks horn kit

Did a install of Excel Cycle Works Stebel Horn kit on wife's 650gt today. Kit price is $106 plus shipping, time involved about 2 hours. Quality of kit is first rate, sound is impressive to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by t6pilot View Post
    Did a install of Excel Cycle Works Stebel Horn kit on wife's 650gt today. Kit price is $106 plus shipping, time involved about 2 hours. Quality of kit is first rate, sound is impressive to say the least.
    Did you take photos and what did the 2 hours of labor entail? 2 hours for you could be days for some of us... Thanks!

My BAD, Tom has already asked for photos's, sorry didn't take any. Their are some install photos on Excels web page for 650gt all pretty straight forward. Believe it or not most of the time was spent removing/ replacing the three plastic trim pieces. FYI a electric screwdriver makes fast work of the dozen or so screws removed. Did a horn install on buddies C600 yesterday, took a little longer because he insisted on helping. Once the side panels are off the two scooters the difference between them becomes more apparent, modified the location of horn on 600 from the location of the 650, again a pretty easy install
    If anyone orders the kit they can PM me and I will walk you through the install. Horns are very loud compared to the stock one

Any chance of hearing a before and after?

Cool

Sounds like a stebel horn, loud, scooter horn very wimpy.

Which one did you install, there are several options on their page: http://www.excelcyclewerkes.com/index_files/Page732.htm

Which one did you install,
    Tom sent me the models for the 650, horn and compressor are separated. The bracket is made for 650, will fit 600 with a little thought.