Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: OH driving tips and radar

SO you're saying to not play that game where you weave every other, or ever 3rd dash in the road, right?

- Some say the glass is half empty, some say the glass is half full, I say, are you going to drink that? - Lisa Clayman
    - A bank is a place where they lend you an umbrella in fair weather and ask for it back when it begins to rain. --Robert Frost

BUBBAZANETTI
    this sounds like war against those trying to expedite their adventures. i generally do 75-80 in 55 and 85 in 65's and i frequently drive by cops at this speed, i rode across ohio all the way on rt 30 and never got pulled over or really even noticed a cop. the interstates are really that bad??? this is making me reconsider my ohio route...........

DZIMBRIC

Bubba Bear Bait Zanetti

BubbaZanetti
    this sounds like war against those trying to expedite their adventures. i generally do 75-80 in 55 and 85 in 65's and i frequently drive by cops at this speed,

Here is your sign

Bear Bait

Ride on and keep them distracted for the rest of us. You're on a different scoot now.

Ol salt
    I usually drive 4 over and wait for a rabbit, then keep him just barely in sight.

callmethebreeze

Westbound and down.....

Quote Originally Posted by BubbaZanetti
    this sounds like war against those trying to expedite their adventures. i generally do 75-80 in 55 and 85 in 65's and i frequently drive by cops at this speed, i rode across ohio all the way on rt 30 and never got pulled over or really even noticed a cop. the interstates are really that bad??? this is making me reconsider my ohio route...........

Way to take one for the team Bubba! You take the point and when I see the lights go on I'll back off to 71mph......lol
    I'm running I84 to I81 to I70 west. Take care out there!
    Adios.

Mudbug
    Quote Originally Posted by SCQTT
    These guys are very serious. Think Marine Coprs Drill Sargent. They typically have no personality, sense of humor, or compassion for us lawbreakers.

If you get pulled over, expect a machine to walk up to your bike
    Same in Louisiana. It may appear mechanical or impersonal but it keeps complaints against Troopers down. Some people who are pulled over and given a ticket try to turn the table around and accuse the officer of being discourteous, rude, or whatever they can think of. Usually the offending driver is the one who is rude, not the officer. If the Trooper does the traffic stop by the numbers without anyother comment, he/she will never get in trouble.

8 or so over and your safe,10 up and I'd be nervous,although I run 80- 85 across I 80 and have had no trouble,just watch ahead and run in the right lane as much as possible.

Danger: Keep Back 500 Ft FredRydr's Avatar
    In Ohio, is there a restriction on use of radar evidence within a certain excess over the posted limit?

Fred

My speedo has always been very optimistic showing about 15 mph more than I'm going at 55 mph. No radar detector either. The biggest poblem is when no other cars are around to provide a point of refernce or cover.

Quote Originally Posted by lorazepam
    73 is a good motorcycle road. The condition is better as you go north, and if you get the chance, stop off and see Serpent Mound, the largest earthen effigy in north america. I have been on st rt 73 many times. It actually goes all the way to I75 south of dayton. The bottom is the best for twisties, and it becomes more sweepers as you get to hillsboro.
    I'll second Gale's thoughts on 73!

Where were you planing to jump on I-75? Before you take 72 through Springfield, consider jogging over to US 68 as a bypass, then OH 41 to I-75. I'd avoid I-70 near Dayton and the jct with I-75.

Or stay on 68 up to Bellefontaine and pick up Us 33 to OH 117.

Or take OH 41 from OH 73 at Locust Grove. From there to Bainbridge is really nice. Then you can skirt east of Springfield on OH 54.

Just depends on how much time you want/have to spend.

Bob

Registered User ALIENHITCHHIKER's Avatar
    Gale & Bob - thanks for your input re: 73. I'm heading out in the morning, should be in southern OH sometime in the afternoon.

See y'all in Beemerville Steve