Thread: Garmin Zumo 450 Touch Screen

Hybrid View

Garmin Zumo 450 Touch Screen

I recently inherited a Garmin Zumo 450 and am learning it's ins and outs. My problem is that the touch screen seems a little slow to respond and takes a good solid, intentional touch to make a selection. Maybe I'm just used to the newer equipment. Is this just "Old School" equipment or is it having issues? Other than that it seems to work perfectly.
    Only a Biker knows why a dog sticks his head out of a car window.

Call tech support and they can tell you how to realign/reset the touchpad. Mine went bad and they just sent me a new 550.
    Old But Not Dead
    Semper Fi

What went wrong with yours? I already did a reset on the touch pad. That only seems to have to do with alignment not sensitivity. My problem is that I have to push hard on the screen as if I were pushing on a slightly stiff button before it activates my selection. It always seems to work, it's just that it takes more pressure than you would expect. I'm just wondering if the earlier touch screens required a little more pressure to activate? I should probably call tech support anyway but I thought I'd check here first.

4. 08-28-2013, 05:41 PM

I just got off the line with Garmin and they wanted me to do the calibration which I had already done. They said that the screens do become a little less sensitive with use. She suggested using my fingernail instead of the tip of my finger and that worked a whole lot better. If I use the tip of a plastic pen or my fingernail it seems to respond properly but if I use my finger tip it is a bit slower. I guess I can live with that. Nothing they can do other than charge me for a repair.

They will replace the unit with a refurbished one for $150.00. I'm on my 2nd Zumo 450 in five years.
    AKA SNAPGADGET
    Lifes too short to ride an ugly Motorcycle