Thread: The MOA election is over but...................

The MOA election is over but...................

We need to continue to think about what we can do to either retain current members or recruit new members.

I would like to offer one suggestion and then hear what you think could be done.

My suggestion? Each of us try to recruit one new member in the next 12 months. How can you do this?

1. Carry an issue of the ON on your bike. Every time you speak to a non-member about joining, give them the ON and get their name and address so they can get 3 more free issues.

2. If you belong to a Chartered Club, ask your Club members if they belong to MOA. If not, refer to item #1.

Over and over again, studies show that a personal invitation if the most effective way to recruit.

What say you?
    I used to post here, but now I don't.

I think that's a no-brainer. I can't say I carry a copy of ON but I do promote the local and national club whenever I can.

Now you've got me thinking if I've actually convinced anyone to join. I'm not sure.

Maybe there should be a spot on the form to name the person who recruited the new member?

Raspberry waffles Bob!!! kewlmoose's Avatar
    Our chartered club promotes the MOA at each meeting & at the Dells rally. We also got some magnetic and regular business cards with club info (meeting dates, URL) that members can 'leave' at conspicuous spots like near gas pumps or on a bike to promote the club. Then we can work on reeling in new members that show at the monthly meeting. Wish I could remember who had the great magnetic card idea so I could credit them.

Sent magically!
    82 R65LS - gone but not forgotten
    02 R1150RT
    "Oh good, my dog found the chainsaw"
    "I finally got my head together, now my body is falling apart."

Possibly actively promote the MOA via BMW Dealers? I joined the RA at Schlossman's of Milwaukee during their open house last year while the RA had a membership drive and drawing at the dealership same time. I was imply going to register for the Biltmore Rally but the RA had a drawing (for those who joined the RA that day) to win a rally registration. There were probably a dozen people that joined up that day, I won the raffle.
    Dick
    R1200GS '08
    "Hey, where you goin'?" "Nowhere in particular." "Man, I wish I was you." "Well, Hang in there..."

Interesting responses. Thanks.

Hope to see some other members ideas as well. This is an issue for all of us if we wish to have MOA continue as a viable organization.
    I used to post here, but now I don't.

As I understand it, the San Antonio BMWRA has activities at our local dealer and sets up a booth to showcase not only their club but also they have MOA material on hand.
    Kurt -- Forum Administrator ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

3 FREE Reply Cards

I have a supply of 3 FREE reply cards that I can send anyone who wants them. You can give these out to riders/owners that you come in contact with and we will send them three free issues of the BMW Owners News. The cards have all the relevant info and pack smaller than a magazine.

If you PM me or email ted@motografixx.com, I'll send you all you want. You can hand them out like candy and help the organization expand its reach! No obligation on the part of the individual and no strings attached.
    Ted Moyer
    '09 G450X, '06 R1200RT, '78 R100RS Motosport, '76 CB400F, '72 XL250, '83 RZ350
    It's Billings in 2015! #BeTheAdventure

3 free issues

I signed up my son for the 3 free issues when he got his BMW. He has yet to receive them. I guess he will not be joining; but I give him my old copies.
    Jerry Dockery
    309 N. 3rd. Ave.
    Kure Beach, NC 28449
    1996 R1100RT main bike & 1985 K100RS...too fast to believe.

Quote Originally Posted by JDOCKERY132445 View Post
    I signed up my son for the 3 free issues when he got his BMW. He has yet to receive them. I guess he will not be joining; but I give him my old copies.
    What is his name? When did you sign him up? I can look into it and make sure he gets his issues.
    Ted Moyer
    '09 G450X, '06 R1200RT, '78 R100RS Motosport, '76 CB400F, '72 XL250, '83 RZ350
    It's Billings in 2015! #BeTheAdventure

A good idea for those renewing membership would be to send a couple of the new logo stickers out with their membership card.