Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: BMW Classic - A Way of Life

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Cupertino, CA
    Posts
    12

    BMW Classic - A Way of Life

    Awesome video is saw on the Iron & Air Facebook page, thought I'd share...

    http://vimeo.com/72911280


  2. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Victoria BC
    Posts
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by marke View Post
    Awesome video is saw on the Iron & Air Facebook page, thought I'd share...

    http://vimeo.com/72911280

    nicely done!

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    847

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by marke View Post
    Awesome video is saw on the Iron & Air Facebook page, thought I'd share...

    http://vimeo.com/72911280


    Nice video!...Thanks for sharing.

  4. #4
    Kindly curmudgeon W7lej1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Spokane Valley, WA
    Posts
    100
    Very nice, thank you!

    Regards, Marty
    Marty in Spokane Valley, WA

    '79 R65 - the rolling running project bike
    '08 R12RT - "new scoot"

  5. #5
    Registered User 36654's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Central PA
    Posts
    1,638
    Notice the last frame/shot...........the country code on the web address is .la or Laos. I didn't expect that......
    Cave contents: 99 R11RS, 2013 Toyota Tacoma, 03 Simplicity Legacy, 97 Stihl FS75, Dewalt DW625 & DW744

  6. #6
    Cannonball Rider #52 darrylri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Surf City, USA (Santa Cruz, CA)
    Posts
    4,519
    Quote Originally Posted by 36654 View Post
    Notice the last frame/shot...........the country code on the web address is .la or Laos. I didn't expect that......
    That's true, but I got the impression that the domain registration was chosen because the company is in LA (that is, Los Angeles), and it looked good to them. The Polynesian island country of Tuvalu makes a pretty good revenue stream on people who want a .tv top level domain name.
    --Darryl Richman, forum liaison
    http://darryl.crafty-fox.com

  7. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    B.P., MN
    Posts
    707
    As they rode into the sunset, the bike on the left was smokin like a jato unit.

  8. #8
    Out There Somewhere bmwrider88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Harrisburg, PA
    Posts
    913
    Sweet little video, that. Yeah totally SoCal there.

    Way of Life, eh?

    Wonder if those guys actually travel on their bikes or just trip around the local scene on their amazingly resto'd BMWs shooting sweet video sequences?
    I know people in England and Europe who ride classic bikes (BritBikes) all over the place, going to rallies and whatnot all summer.
    I mean bikes primarily from the 40s, 50s, & 60s. Some of my U.S. friends do this too- but it's mostly my Brit buddies and some of my EU friends who really seriously ride the daylights out of their old bikes. I know far fewer, if any people at all, who travel hard on their old BMWs. Tho after the RA Rally this summer, I was on the road coming north from NC myself -tho in a truck- and saw all manner of airhead BMWs heading north.

    Completely enjoyable short vid however- and not meaning to take anything away from it at all. More making commentary on the whole "way of life" bit. There does seem to be a nearly endless stream of pointless videos, coming out of SoCal, all of which are quite similar to this one.
    Be The Change You Want To See In The World

  9. #9
    look out!!! Visian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    ATL/WNC
    Posts
    8,503
    Quote Originally Posted by bmwrider88 View Post
    There does seem to be a nearly endless stream of pointless videos, coming out of SoCal, all of which are quite similar to this one.
    10,000 views in under a week.

    Gives the viewer a warm feeling about the BMW brand.

    Hardly pointless.

  10. #10
    Out There Somewhere bmwrider88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Harrisburg, PA
    Posts
    913
    Quote Originally Posted by Visian View Post
    10,000 views in under a week.

    Gives the viewer a warm feeling about the BMW brand.

    Hardly pointless.

    OK, lots of people see it. No story line, no plot, no character building... a loosely imagined theme...
    The point is riding bikes? I "get" it. BMWs? VINTAGE BMWs? I'm down with that.
    There are plenty of well wrought shorty films almost exactly like this. Do I appreciate the "art" of this short film? Yes. Technically, I understand pretty well what it takes to imagine, shoot, edit, and produce a film of some quality.

    I like this one. VERY thought provoking and deep.
    (about 10 minutes so brace up)

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pF4dBPNCkwg

    For totally imaginative and well crafted short films with no point, I rather like this:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKqpvriKZuA

    Jus sayin.
    Be The Change You Want To See In The World

  11. #11
    look out!!! Visian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    ATL/WNC
    Posts
    8,503
    Quote Originally Posted by bmwrider88 View Post
    For totally imaginative and well crafted short films with no point, I rather like this:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKqpvriKZuA

    Jus sayin.
    Someone's grad school project that they spent *8 months* producing, a labor of love... along with the time and effort of many other people listed in the credits. The budget for that film, had it been a commercial project, would have 6 figures.

    The film you don't like was shot in a weekend and it's point is very simple: BMW Classic is a (very enjoyable) way of life.

    Geesh, you're just like my clients. Not everything has to be complex, deep and take 10 minutes to communicate.

    Can nothing be simple?

    Here, knock yourself out.

    Ian


    .
    Go soothingly through the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon.
    ________________________________________________
    '67 Trail 90 || '86 R80 G/SPD+ || '00 1150 GS || '06 HP2e

  12. #12
    Out There Somewhere bmwrider88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Harrisburg, PA
    Posts
    913
    Quote Originally Posted by Visian View Post
    Someone's grad school project that they spent *8 months* producing, a labor of love... along with the time and effort of many other people listed in the credits. The budget for that film, had it been a commercial project, would have 6 figures.

    The film you don't like was shot in a weekend and it's point is very simple: BMW Classic is a (very enjoyable) way of life.

    Geesh, you're just like my clients. Not everything has to be complex, deep and take 10 minutes to communicate.

    Can nothing be simple?

    Here, knock yourself out.

    Ian


    .


    I hear ya, Ian. I admit it- I'm a natural critic. It's not like I didn't like Way Of Life. I'm a bit over the whole hipster thing, tho for sure.

    Cheers, man.

    Tom
    Be The Change You Want To See In The World

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •